UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Mccanns

ClazUK

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me who was looking at the McCanns criticism of Portugese Police with complete disbelief today? :unsure:

A) To me as much as this child alert thing could possibly be helpful in some cases many children who go missing are not found in foreign countries & it's not preventing them going missing rather than alerting people after the event which should be the ideal

B) Anybody, let alone two supposedly medical professionals, who went out to dinner & left their young children alone is not entitled to criticise anyone else on this matter

C) To then learn that they actually did so after that poor little girl asked her why she hadn't come when they'd been crying last night.......... FFS, I'd honestly have the pair of struck off not have advising others on how to deal with their children

I'd still like to think that by some miracle little Maddie could be found safe & well but I very much doubt it (though I did think that of little Shannon too so I hope I'm wrong again)

I felt very upset when it was reported that Maddie asked why they had not come when she and Shaun were crying.

I thought only badly neglected children cried for parents who never came.

The fact that these two are trotting around here there and everywhere amkes me sick to my stomach.

I would have thought they would never want to leave their other child again.

It's their fault Maddie has gone - plain and simple.

If they had stayed home then that poor little girl would be safe - they chose to go out even knowing their children had cried out for them the night before.

Kate is reported as saying that they discussed keeping a closer eye on the children after Maddie's question - yea right - that's all they did - talked about it and then went out as usual anyway.

Selfish and self-centred they put their children at risk every night of that holiday.

I think it is disgusting that they are still allowed to keep their positions and trot around freely. They should have been done for neglect the second they stepped back on British soil. They feely admitted going out and leaving the children, even before the heartbreaking facts emerged about how upset Madeleine was to find her parents gone when she was upset! :angry: They have also openly admitted to using the fund for their mortgage payments when the money was there to find Madeleine. Surely that is obtaining money by deception? There are so many discrepencies and infuriating facts to this sorry tale so why are our police doing nothing? Ooooo it makes me so angry. I am convinced that they murdered that little girl, albeit an accidental overdose, but when they then cold heartedly and cold bloodedly dispose of her poor little body it becomes murder in my mind. It is a traversty of justice if they are allowed to walk away scott free. x

The McCanns made a terrible decision to leave Maddie alone, I cannot understand how they could do this. However, I am convinced they will live with the guilt for the rest of thier lives. I am also convinced they didn't murder their how daughter, nothing will make me believe they did and although they made a bad decision, it is not their fault she was murdered (if she was, which I strongly suspect) but the Bast**rd who took her.

Edited by Brenda

The McCanns made a terrible decision to leave Maddie alone, I cannot understand how they could do this. However, I am convinced they will live with the guilt for the rest of thier lives. I am also convinced they didn't murder their how daughter, nothing will make me believe they did and although they made a bad decision, it is not their fault she was murdered (if she was, which I strongly suspect) but the Bast**rd who took her.

I agree with you :flowers: Couldn't put it better myself.

If Maddie was abducted by a stranger, then her parents enabled him to do it. It was'nt an 'accidient' where the took their eyes off her for a few seconds or minutes - they left those three tots alone.

The fact that Maddie asked why her mummy never came when she and Shaun cried the night before does make me wonder if either or both the parents gave the children something to make them sleep through the night so they didn't wake again crying for their parents.

There was a reporter in the days just after Maddie went missing who was talking to a woman who apartment was nearby and she said that the mccan children often cried during the night.

He is arrogant and self-centred and no doubt in my mind was the olne who insisted on eating out without the children every night, but she was the mother and should have stood up to him.

I have no sympathy for either of them and the fact that they may never know peace again concerns me little.

Edited by Kathyw

When my youngest daughter was 3 weeks old, she contracted b step menengitis, we were told not to expect her to survive the night, when she did, we were told to expect disablilities with learning, blindness and/or deafness.

During her month in hospital, for the most part being in Oxford (we live in Gloucester) i stayed at her side and hubs cared for our two elder children, worked from 6am - 6pm and made it to Oxford every night.

Our elder children missed me, my heart ached for them, but, i knew they were safe, healthy and cared for and the youngest, for that time, took priority.

As parents we surived by telling ourselves she would get better, we were blessed in that not only did she recover, but with out trace of any form of disability.

When our youngest returned home depression took hold of me, i blamed myself for "allowing" the menegitis to take hold of one of my children and nearly take her life away, as a parent, i felt i had failed her amost as if i had invited menegitis in to her life.

It took me 3 years to realise i had the problem and take steps to move on, 3 years that i was blessed in being able to watch my daughter grow and be healthy along with her brother and sister, three years of torment that could have been avoided if id have approached someone to reassure me i wasnt in anyway to blame.

If is a huge word, as is, if only, as humans, we make mistakes, albeit lethal ones from time to time, and whilst lots about the maddie "case" sit uneasy with me, i cant stand in judgement nor wish ill of anyone as im not in a position to hold the full facts and until i do have those facts, i for one do, as a parent, have sympathy for the Mccanns and do wish them peace of mind with the hopeful return of their daughter or finally knowing what did happen to her.

If Maddie was abducted by a stranger, then her parents enabled him to do it. It was'nt an 'accidient' where the took their eyes off her for a few seconds or minutes - they left those three tots alone.

The fact that Maddie asked why her mummy never came when she and Shaun cried the night before does make me wonder if either or both the parents gave the children something to make them sleep through the night so they didn't wake again crying for their parents.

There was a reporter in the days just after Maddie went missing who was talking to a woman who apartment was nearby and she said that the mccan children often cried during the night.

He is arrogant and self-centred and no doubt in my mind was the olne who insisted on eating out without the children every night, but she was the mother and should have stood up to him.

I have no sympathy for either of them and the fact that they may never know peace again concerns me little.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

None of us are perfect, and whatever the circumstances it amazes me that anyone can say they feel little sympathy for people whose daughter has been murdered. :angry: They didn't know someone was going to snatch their little girl! Whatever happened to human compassion. :wacko: To lose a child must be the worst kind of hell and yes, they have my compassion and sympathy.

If is a huge word, as is, if only, as humans, we make mistakes, albeit lethal ones from time to time, and whilst lots about the maddie "case" sit uneasy with me, i cant stand in judgement nor wish ill of anyone as im not in a position to hold the full facts and until i do have those facts, i for one do, as a parent, have sympathy for the Mccanns and do wish them peace of mind with the hopeful return of their daughter or finally knowing what did happen to her.

None of us are perfect, and whatever the circumstances it amazes me that anyone can say they feel little sympathy for people whose daughter has been murdered. :angry: They didn't know someone was going to snatch their little girl! Whatever happened to human compassion. :wacko: To lose a child must be the worst kind of hell and yes, they have my compassion and sympathy.

My thoughts too.

I'm not a parent so probably just don't understand at all.

It's months since I posted here and I still refuse to judge the McCanns because I don't have all the facts. I don't regard anything generated by the media as reliably factual I'm afraid.

Maddie's disappearance is something I think of often though and the thought that comes back to me again and again is:

"Why would you not want to take your children out for dinner with you?"

On holiday in a warm climate, relaxed atmosphere, al fresco meal with friends, no school tomorrow: I'd have thought it would be a pleasure to take the kids along with pushchairs for them to kip in if they got tired and a cosy blanket to put over them as evening fell and they started to nod off. That's what my folks did with my sister and I in similar situations when we were that age and it was something the whole family loved doing. That's what I do with Sol when I'm out with friends (I put his blanket by my side so he can snooze when he's had enough of playing) and it's such a pleasure. I wouldn't enjoy the evening half so much without him.

I don't understand why the McCanns wouldn't have preferred their children to have been with them - isn't that what you have kids for, to enjoy spending time with them? (particularly on a family holiday) :unsure: