UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is This Acceptable?

Diesel

Murphy came into the care of Fife Rottie rescue as a stray on friday last week, he has been badly treated, he has all the physical scars of an abused animal.

He has been chained up for long periods - major scarring on his neck where the rope/chain has cut through the skin, he has open sores on both elbows, cuts & open oozing wounds all over his body & is horrifically underweight.

Now my question is .... Is this seen as being acceptable because he is a rottweiler? if he was a cute little bundle of fluff all animal lovers would be up in arms over his treatment, yet he is a rottweiler, labelled by the media as 'guard dogs' 'devil dogs', big rough tough nothing can hurt us dogs!.

This boy has shown NO signs of aggression, infact the complete opposite he has been very submissive with the 2 other dogs in the foster home he is staying in, he has obviously had alot of human contact because he is always so pleased to see people, he loves his cuddles.

The fact that Murphy is so trusting of humans makes him an extra special dog in my eyes as he has been given NO reason up until now to trust anyone & yet he gives unconditional love & trust to everyone he has met.

Why? :angry:

Back1.jpg

Neck.jpg

Pad.jpg

Murphy.jpg

Edited by Diesel

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Murphy's foster mum & although Diesel & I both knew the answer to this question we have both been rocked by the state of Murphy, not that it is the first time nor unfortunately will it be the last time we see a dog who has suffered like this, it is more the fact that Murphy is still so placid & loving despite as my OH puts it ' having been given the right to be one very angry dog' because of whats happened to him.

I will continue to post pics of my foster boy as he improves :flowers: :flowers:

Murphy sends slobbery kisses to everyone for sticking up for him & sending him lots of :GroupHug:

Thank you

TBH I think it's a bit of an open ended question, without not one answer.

Personally, no, its wrong, shouldnt be done, he's probably the softest bag of *** you've come across in a long time. BUT - you have to remember that asking a question like that on a forum like this will always get a reply thet you WANT to hear.

In the "general public's" perspective, it may be misconstrued that " this vicious (devil dog) was cahined up for good reason)....blahhh, blahhhhhh, blah......

SO, to answer your question - YES and NO (depending on who you talk to....

PS - Just read this back to myself and feel i would be an excellent LibDem candidate....... :laugh:

No, it's not acceptable - its cretins like that that help towards the negativity of these absolutely gorgeous dogs (yes I have one, so admit I am more than a tad biased!)

People see a dog chained up and in their minds, immediately the dog is vicious simply because of that fact. I personally think the people who do this to large dogs do it so it makes them look big - oh look at me, I have to "vicious" brute here that I can treat like (put appropriate word here) and he wont do nothing.... this people need a swift education about life - preferably with a large and heavy bat. The only time I could chain anything up - is if I ever caught a bar... person treating their animal like that.. then yes, I would say what I did WOULD be right! but again.. that's just me!

Give him a big hug from me Gail.

Lynn

xxx

TBH I think it's a bit of an open ended question, without not one answer.

Personally, no, its wrong, shouldnt be done, he's probably the softest bag of *** you've come across in a long time. BUT - you have to remember that asking a question like that on a forum like this will always get a reply thet you WANT to hear.

In the "general public's" perspective, it may be misconstrued that " this vicious (devil dog) was cahined up for good reason)....blahhh, blahhhhhh, blah......

SO, to answer your question - YES and NO (depending on who you talk to....

PS - Just read this back to myself and feel i would be an excellent LibDem candidate....... :laugh:

You have summed it up perfectly :biggrin: & yes you should be a LibDem candidate :biggrin:

Maybe I could have worded my post better, I know everyone on here would agree it isn't acceptable for a dog to live like this but Murphy's nature would suggest that he has had loads of human interaction so all these people who knew him and played with him etc must have turned a blind eye to the way he was being kept?

We just can't get our heads round the fact that he is so loving, he has every right to hate the human race but would rather put his paws on your shoulder and snuggle into your neck :biggrin:

all hugs have been passed on and Murphy says, "more please" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: