UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mill Rescue

Pingu

No I do not feel it ok to ask for a standard fee for a dog with issues. If you look on my site you will see a little one called Amber who I have spent a considerable amount of money on so far is up for adoption with no fee required. This is because she has issues & will need the 'special' home that to me is more important that banging out dogs for £150 that some of which were clearly ill.

& in answer to another question yes if I foster for another rescue I get paid just like I pay my foster carers.

If you want to name the other 'rescue' please do.

ok I will Pm you with the name of the rescue. Not going to do it in public as like I said IMO they are actually quite a good rescue who in the main do good work and in this particular case slipped up. the aggresive dog and the one that took three baths are the same dog btw.

I look forward to the "investigation" being conducted in the same way...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have my email address if any of you wish to continue this/see photos. But as you are all well respected people there really is not a lot of point in me continuing this. I will answer any further questions via email & you can publish my replies. Visits made by yourselve were done several months after the 'clean up' I have a email reply from the RSPCA stating that this has now been passed to their legal department. Why would they do that if all was well?

No I do not feel it ok to ask for a standard fee for a dog with issues. If you look on my site you will see a little one called Amber who I have spent a considerable amount of money on so far is up for adoption with no fee required. This is because she has issues & will need the 'special' home that to me is more important that banging out dogs for £150 that some of which were clearly ill.

& in answer to another question yes if I foster for another rescue I get paid just like I pay my foster carers.

If you want to name the other 'rescue' please do.

To me fostering isn't a "job"

Normally the rescue pay the vets bills and food, but most fosterers cover the food, treats etc themselves.

I know in the past I have covered the vaccs too, not because I was asked, but because we were a bit better off those months when the vaccs were due.

To me fostering is a pleasure not a job. :rolleyes: I would worry if foster carers asked what they were going to get paid.

Just my opinion of course.

Kazz xx

And there's still the organisation who do no home checks, no vaccinations, no neutering etc but who post in the 'rescue' section which clearly states that organisations must meet certain standards to post there but because they don't state they're a rescue that's somehow OK - like your average person knows the difference between a rescue and a pound kennel. They're taking multiple donations for the same dogs - because dogs are so often returned to them too. How about investigating them in the same way?

And round and round we go.....

Improvements have been made as stated, surely that has to be a good thing? Or not good enough? Shut them down and to hell with the goodwill? Aye..

I have recently taking in a dog from another rescue, he has been kennelled there for quite some time due to unforeseen circumstances. He arrived here very thin with bad oily skin and dandruff like Xmas. Had I seen this dog without prior knowledge to where he has been I would have thought he was neglected. However, he was NOT neglected but suffered from severe kennel stress hence his appearance. He had, in fact, been well cared for by the rescue I took him from, they just didn't have the possibilities of a fosterer/homesetting. Does that make them a BAD rescue? I think not as a matter of fact I have the height of respect for them.

I have seen first hand what the rumour mill and gossip mongerers can do. Mud sticks regardless of your guilt or innocence - and I am personally SICK of it all.

As to the van loads of dogs which MR has allegedly had every week: MANY larger and well known UK rescues haven them every week from here.

Sarah

Edited by EGAR

Ooh are we naming rescues now? I'd like to contribute if we are :happy:

If fosters get paid, i will hand my notice in tomorrow and foster for a living. Wiccaweys, Staffy X, RDR? anyone? :rolleyes:

The thing is Yorkie Girl lots of things have been said, accusations been made etc and i dotn think Maggi or anyone from Mill Rescue should have to defend themselves to the likes of us or people on DP. They should justify themselves to the authorities involved and the people who have made the complaints.

You have my email address if any of you wish to continue this/see photos. But as you are all well respected people there really is not a lot of point in me continuing this. I will answer any further questions via email & you can publish my replies. Visits made by yourselve were done several months after the 'clean up' I have a email reply from the RSPCA stating that this has now been passed to their legal department. Why would they do that if all was well?

Perhaps because their legal department is highly aware of the potentially libellous claims that have been made - frankly I would be very surprised if quite a number of legal people haven't already started to take a good long look at the allegations and claims.

Shame that you have decided to withdraw because I really wanted to just make 100% certain I had the situation concerning your involvement with MR absolutely correct.

Am I right in reading that you felt the condition of the dog you had on foster from MR was wholley unnaceptable and that you had misgivings about MR when you took him yet you did not report this to anyone? You also knew the dog had "issues"? Yet you were more than happy to return him to the unacceptable rescue only after they refused to allow you to rehome him for free to someone they deemed unsuitable? And that you are angry because they wouldn't pay you for fostering him?

I just wanna be really really sure thats what you have said ...

OK i have PMed yorkie girl with the name of the rescue i was on about.

I am not going to initiate an investigaton here as like I said IMO they are a good rescue and do a good job.

I btw have no issue with the agression bits concerning the dog in question. the people who took the dog on knew about the agression before they took the dog on and were comfortable with dealing with it.

Just a quick aside - this thread is going some way to restoring my faith in human nature.

An intelligent discussion with most posters trying their best to be fair and realistic.

Pam

hippy

:)

just trying to bring it down to the more normal level that this sort of thing turns into

Just a quick aside - this thread is going some way to restoring my faith in human nature.

An intelligent discussion with most posters trying their best to be fair and realistic.

Pam

Not sure it's human nature, as such, but an unbiased moderating team without a hidden agenda certainly helps :biggrin:

Snow, I believe she said she contacted RSPCA but they wouldn't act.

She hasn't made it clear if that was before or after she handed the dog back tho, and thats what I am trying to establish, the time line, when did she actually start making her complaints, before or after her falling out with Maggi? IMO that makes a bit of a difference hence wanting it cleared up :flowers: