UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Doggie Treats - What Are Yours?

Tzumit

There has been a lot of talk about dog food and various mixers and I was wondering what you all give as doggie treats and snacks?

Do you still give old fashioned Bonios, Shapes, Jumbones, Hide Chews, Pigs Ears, etc., or what else do you give that they like?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a lot of talk about dog food and various mixers and I was wondering what you all give as doggie treats and snacks?

Do you still give old fashioned Bonios, Shapes, Jumbones, Hide Chews, Pigs Ears, etc., or what else do you give that they like?

Big meaty bones, I occasionally give them cows ears. :sick02:

Edited by Spins4me

Mine each have a pigs ear every day for a treat and help clean their teeth (they all have lovely clean teeth :biggrin: ) they love the dark gravy bones (eugh to chicken ones), I also make them liver cake to use when out walking for a high value treat. Have tried lots of different treats with them but the good old gravy bone is definately their favourite.

:)

our dogs get a bit of this and a bit of that. Sometimes I get them some rawhide chews, although I think they are a bit boring. They love pigs ears and all sorts of chews really... they are not known for being picky my girls :laugh:

Indy gets frolic as treats for agility, but for normal walks here at home we usually bring a couple of handful of their normal food to use at treats, and they are all happy with that.

Pigs ears are a big no no in this house unless I want a huge fight on my hands. They don't do so bad though cos here is what they have on a regular basis but on a rota incase you think I feed loads of treats and my dogs must be fat :laugh:

Meat bones, Schmackos, dentastix - keeps their teeth great, bonios, giant bonios, shapes, biscrok, gravy bones, different varieties of pet bakery biccies from pets at home (apple & cinnamon with yoghurt are top fave over everything else and smell delicious), choc drops. The odd other I come across.

Oooh will be looking at the Barkery. Thanks :flowers:

Edited by Jacobean

Burns Kelties are just about all that my two get.

I buy those too. Also the Barker & Barker liver treats and "home made" type biccies that don't have additives etc. Dixie's Delights are popular, must get some more. I've also made tuna cake and they get our leftovers when we have them too. For special treats like gotcha days they usually get some organic chicken or organic steak, cooked, to share.

I haven't given a dog anything rawhide since my first dog nearly choked on a big piece - we were at home and I forced her mouth open and managed to pull it out from where it was stuck at the back of her throat, but that was scary enough to put me off feeding it again.

They have the Galileo bones to "gnaw" on too. They last for ages.

Keelah is a real fusspot when it comes to treats, turning her nose up at tripe sticks, bonios, pigs lugs etc etc. She occasionally has a wee chew at some rawhide or a denta stix chew, the only thing guarenteed to impress her is those dried sausage treat things or hot dogs :rolleyes:

Burns Training Treats (dried fish) or Ocean Bites (fish skins). Also, smoked salmon trimmings from the supermarket - that seems to be the favourite and they just about take my fingers off for them :rolleyes: CSJ do fish skins and other fishy treats as well which I sometimes buy. They also get home-made tuna/salmon/sardine cake (can you see a theme here?) :laugh:

They don't get a lot of meat based treats, apart from the thin rawhide chews which they get as a bribe not to bark when I leave the house.