UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Photos Of The Dogstar Clinic 21st April

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do understand what you mean, we are operating ( literally ) in the most basic environment possible and recovery is one area I am working on with views to making the biggest improvements quickly as I am not happy with animals on newspapers as a long term option
I didn't mean you shouldn't have newspapers etc.. what I mean is the people there look ecstatic about their animals being able to get this help and it reminds me how lucky we are to have the things we do here for our pets.

Fabulous, amazing, humbling, brilliant and just a bit :mecry:

Marion

Those pics made me :crying_anim: a bit too. It's fantastic what you've done in such a short space of time Sam. I am so proud to know you :flowers:

For once, I am at a loss - the quotes above say what I feel too and probably better as :mecry:

Is it worth getting onto the airlines that go there and ask if you can get the tent flown over cheap or free if you advertise their airline on your site, might get cheaper flights too

we have a good contact in Sri Lankan Airlines who can help with luggage allowance but sadly not cheaper flights :laugh: ( flights and all my travel expenses are paid from our personal accounts and not dogstars account )

Newspapers have antibacterials in the print so as a makeshift post op sheet they are good.

Thanks for explaining that , the vets did ask for newspapers instead of plastic sheets so that makes sense

I didn't mean you shouldn't have newspapers etc.. what I mean is the people there look ecstatic about their animals being able to get this help and it reminds me how lucky we are to have the things we do here for our pets.

I know what you mean Abigail , I was in floods of tears when the clinic started and seeing how happy everyone was and how chuffed they were with the new collars did make me think how pampered my own pets are

I think I might have solved the recovery area issue ?, instead of one big tent maybe ?

Just found these, what I am thinking is 3 or 4 of these in a row to lay out the cats and dogs whilst they recover. It creates shade, they are off the ground as such and its very quick to put up and can be moved depending on the sun the maintain constant shade.

http://www.wildday.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=2410

I think I might have solved the recovery area issue ?, instead of one big tent maybe ?

Just found these, what I am thinking is 3 or 4 of these in a row to lay out the cats and dogs whilst they recover. It creates shade, they are off the ground as such and its very quick to put up and can be moved depending on the sun the maintain constant shade.

Now you can get ones for children like that that block out the suns harmful rays.... of for a search

Or these: http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/camping/tents/...CFSYSQgodDxhZVA - £7.50 each :wink:

wow thanks for the links chaps,

overnight we have been offered the most fantastic tent by a fugee, just waiting for Mark to wake up ( as he is tent expert round here ) and then we can publicly thank the very generous person and make a request for a tent transport run !

as well as the big tent we will also get some beach pop ups as well as they would be very suitable for a lot of small scale work

:flowers: Sam, you are a marvel! Those pics are fantastic and show what you have achieved in such a short time. You really are an inspiration, so many people (me included) think they would like to change things in the world, but most (me included) just stop at thinking - you have actually started DOING!! WAY TO GO GIRL. :flowers: