UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Photos Of The Dogstar Clinic 21st April

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have now received a donation from a very kind hearted ( but shy ) Fugee for 4 beach style tents , thank you mystery Fugee :flowers:

we also have had an offer of a fantastic large tent that could be even be used for operating in if required, the Fugee concerned will reveal themselves shortly when they ask for help to transport the tent to us ( is that a first here a Tent Transport run ? )

Thank you all again , this place is bloody magic it really really is

Sam and Mark

Sam, if you wanted some more of the beach tents, like the link I posted, it seems that delivery is only £4, even if 10 were ordered :unsure:

If you think more of those would be useful, I'll happily chip in for one, so maybe other Fugee's could too :flowers:

Thanks Wendy :flowers:

Mark ( who is in charge of tents ) says we are going to start with the 4 donated beach tents , when they arrive Mark is going to shove our dogs in ( bet that will please them :laugh: ) to see how much room there is and we may then buy some more if required ( he will keep everyone posted )

just hope he does not get any ideas about shoving Gertie in a tent as the resulting trip to casualty would not be much fun for him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sam, I am really impressed by what you are doing. Having spent various bits of time in Maurititus, I understand how important something like this is.

In Mauritius when I was there, they gave kittens - baby medicine...as they didn't have pet medicine.

I'm ashamed to say, I don't know how things are there now, but I know at one point there was a plea to various UK vets to go and help the MSPCA so I hope something good came of it.

Back to the topic though, those pictures are incredibly moving for all good reasons.

x x

here's another linky

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/camping/0765010080502

Edited by murtle

We have now received a donation from a very kind hearted ( but shy ) Fugee for 4 beach style tents , thank you mystery Fugee :flowers:

we also have had an offer of a fantastic large tent that could be even be used for operating in if required, the Fugee concerned will reveal themselves shortly when they ask for help to transport the tent to us ( is that a first here a Tent Transport run ? )

Thank you all again , this place is bloody magic it really really is

Sam and Mark

I have done a tent transport run for Trallwm farm so you will not be the first (sorry :flowers: ) - it was great fun coz I also had a puppy as well. But if said tent is coming my way would be happy to do another non singing, puking or barking tent run :wub:

I'm ashamed to say, I don't know how things are there now, but I know at one point there was a plea to various UK vets to go and help the MSPCA so I hope something good came of it.

That reminds me of something I was going to ask - would it be possible/helpful to contact vets in the UK - via the RCVS perhaps - to see if any vets would be willing and able to do a voluntary trip to Sri Lanka to assist with the clinics etc? I don't know if this is something that is needed, whether there's accommodation available etc. but vets do seem to make trips overseas to help out in other countries at times don't they, so thought it was worth a mention?

As I stole the first tent run Im happy to include this on my site as an appeal. We have 6000 members so we can always send an email out.

How about E-bay as well ?????

Thank you very very much that would be great , we have one big tent offered and 4 little beach ones , but if some one else had another suitable large one that would be fantastic

The other thing we already asking on freecycle for is for folding camping tables that can be used as registration areas or even operating tables so if you could ask if anyone has any of those that would be amazing

we are planning to do Clinics in the LTTE ( Tamil Tiger ) Controlled areas later this year as we have a Tamil volunteer who is negotiating with the relevant bodies for access, as this is the area most affected by the civil war general conditions there are poorer than the ( government controlled ) areas I have visited so far and the tents and tables will be invaluable at those clinics as there may not be any buildings suitable for us to use

That reminds me of something I was going to ask - would it be possible/helpful to contact vets in the UK - via the RCVS perhaps - to see if any vets would be willing and able to do a voluntary trip to Sri Lanka to assist with the clinics etc? I don't know if this is something that is needed, whether there's accommodation available etc. but vets do seem to make trips overseas to help out in other countries at times don't they, so thought it was worth a mention?

Good idea Ange , Vets, nurses ( and anyone else ) can come out and work with Dogstar via MEFs volunteer program ( which includes food and accommodation and airport transfers for a monthly placement fee with all profits being used for care of the elephants ) . I will Mention it to our Vet Dex who has offered to speak with other vets on our behalf about donations and 2nd hand equipment as I am sure that it would be a fantastic experience for a Vet as well

A bit off topic, but yesterday I listened to a report about resumed fighting in Sri Lanka. Is that affecting the area that you travel to Sam?

errrm yes and no

the latest incidents were in Colombo ( the Capital ) there is technically a cease fire between the Government and LTTE ( Tamil Tigers ) but its a tad wobbly in places and there are sporadic incidents

we are planning to do some Clinics in the LTTE controlled areas, as we made a decision early on that we would not be a political organisation and would offer Clinics all over the country in areas where our services would benefit animals and people. There are some aid agencies working in the Tamil areas but the dogs there have even less access to medical care than those in the south so we all felt that we should travel north at some point this year

we are fortunate that we have a Tamil volunteer ( who speaks Tamil, Sinhala and English ) and also that MEF is already a highly respected animal NGO ( Non Government organisation ) Dogstar is currently being registered as an NGO which also means we are then recognised as a official welfare organisation by the military/police and are allowed to display our logos on the side of vehicles

Mark ( who is in charge of tents ) says we are going to start with the 4 donated beach tents , when they arrive Mark is going to shove our dogs in ( bet that will please them :laugh: ) to see how much room there is

Would Noah perhaps enjoy that more if he were allowed to wear a boy scouts outfit? :biggrin: