UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Thoughts On Cruft's Winner

Sillymooo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that you (and others) have said that :unsure:

This picture is of my show dogs - they both compete at Champ shows although we weren't at Crufts this year.

I wouldn't put your dogs in the same category as the Maltese though, their hair although long-ish, isn't really long like the Maltese who look like a shampoo advert.

Edited by madmerle

There is no reason though why the grubby child shouldn't be cleaned and likewise for the dog.

I was thinking on my way to Crufts that I hadn't even brushed my dog beforehand.

(Not for breed showing, admittedly, although 3 people on Saturday asked what breed my 100% mongrel was as she looked like she should be something - happens every year).

She went missing for a hour after rabbits the previous Monday and the extent of my pre Crufts grooming consisted of picking a few little twigs out of her coat.

Essential grooming only in our house - kids and adults included.

Pam

The woman that was presenting had the winners grandson and it was not well behaved at all.

so do most TT owners, the Araki line is very common already and not always going in the right direction breeding wise, this is just going to encourage more breeding from a line which I have seen problems already including autuimmune issues and allergies, they are not an easy breed at the best of times, nor healthy if some of the Araki TT's up here are anything to go by.

so do most TT owners, the Araki line is very common already and not always going in the right direction breeding wise, this is just going to encourage more breeding from a line which I have seen problems already including autuimmune issues and allergies, they are not an easy breed at the best of times, nor healthy if some of the Araki TT's up here are anything to go by.

Interesting.

The Coppingers' book "Dogs" has a good bit about the extent of inbreeding in pedigree dogs and the effect of a closed gene pool, especially from successful show dogs.

Pam

MY kids were focusing more on how many handlers were holding the dog's bumhole. :rolleyes: :laugh: "Is he going to...oh yes he is....there it goes......EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!" :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: That proves just how mature the OH is as he was saying the same :rolleyes:

I wanted the Flatty or Bloodhound to win, and as with others thought the TT was a bit predictable and boring

Another vote for the bloodhound here too. I am glad it did not win though as I do wonder if there is a demand if they will start to be puppy farmed.

I was pleased the spinone did not get through to the best of show for the same reason.

I must say that there are very few pedigree dogs I like the look of so the chance of me liking what wins is so slim. I did like the Malatute as well.

although one of my dogs is the father of the hound group winner, :biggrin: and the owner & I are are very best friends and i drove 400 miles to support her on bis day, :wacko: i was also glad she didnt win (and she knows this so its not a secret!). within a few hours of her group win the most ridiculous puppy enquiries started to flood in and the phone hasnt stopped ringing ever since, with idiots wanting a puppy. Luckily there are non in the country right now & so hopefully by the time the next litter is born, the novelty will have worn off!!!

i was quite disappointed by the chosen winner. very predictable i thought. liked the 'take it all in my stride' approach of the blood hound. what do you think?

Totally agree with you.

I would have had the Black Retriever or the Bloodhound for a change.The woman with the Retriever was a bit scary though. :wacko:

That's truly hair-raising. I know nothing of Tibetan Terriers, but at least they are fairly small.

Taking on a bloodhound as a novelty pet: my mind is boggling. Really boggling.

i am not kidding.......by tonight nearly 70 enquiries....dont get that many in a year normally!!! most of them "want one now" and if one is not available maybe we have sharpei pups we could sell them instead????? :wacko: i am barely able to answer phone now, for what I am likely to ay to the next one! :unsure:

I thought the coverage was awful this year - too much talking and interviewing breeders (but I suppose that is what Crufts is about).

I must be the only one who found the Maltese slightly repugnant (but then I hate all that hair and pimping and preening of dogs) :rolleyes: I much prefer to see a short haired dog or a dog well trimmed so that it can have a good run about in the mud without worrying about the fur getting dirty :laugh:

I could not describe any dog as 'repugnant' ... I bet there would be an uproar on here if a dog came into rescue in a right state and was described as repugnant by someone. It's not the dog's fault how it looks and that little Maltese could be the loveliest natured little dog on the face of the earth for all we know.

I could not describe any dog as 'repugnant' ... I bet there would be an uproar on here if a dog came into rescue in a right state and was described as repugnant by someone. It's not the dog's fault how it looks and that little Maltese could be the loveliest natured little dog on the face of the earth for all we know.

There is a huge difference between a dog coming into rescue in a state and one being deliberately groomed to within an inch of its life with stupid things in it's hair :rolleyes: And yes, I do find that sort of 'look' on a dog slightly repugnant (it may well be a lovely dog, but Crufts is all about looks and that isn't what I would consider attractive). It's taking away it's essential 'dogness' IMO and making it look like a fashion accessory and not a dog, which I loathe.

Edited by madmerle