UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Thoughts On Cruft's Winner

Sillymooo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only watched tonight and what Baz and I both said is how sad it is to see how many dogs aren't allowed to be just that, dogs. How predictable that Fantastic Willy won, they didn't stop brushing him throughout the whole thing, even brushed him before and after his lap of honour (dislaimer - I get that he's a hairy dog).

I liked the Akita best out of tonights, with the Bloodhound a close second, and the IG third.

Until the dogs came in for BIS I hoped the Bloodhound would win but I thought the best dog was the Flat Coat.

Once they came in and strutted their stuff I think Fabulous Willy was clearly the best dog in the ring at the time. My reserve would have been the Maltese not the Fox Terrier. Sadly I thought the Flat Coat and Malamute showed badly, the Beardie and Bloodhound were both nice but just lacking a bit of sparkle.

One thing I am sure of is that Zena Thorn Andrews picked what in her opinion were the two best dogs. She is not the type of Judge to be swayed by popular opinion and would happily put up an 'outsider' if it was the best on the day. She was the one in the ring and the only one in a position to Judge.

I agree 100% with Jackie - the TT was head and shoulders above the others on the night, there really was only one winner.

The Bloodhound was my personal fav but was certainly not the best dog there on the night. The Flatcoat was OK but I have seen better (Jackie - do you remember Shargleam Blackcap?), the Malamute I was not impressed with - he looked 'stuffy'. The Bloodhound, despite looking a bit shell shocked when she first came in the ring, took it all in her stride once she got going and did herself proud. The Beardie looked 'flat' on the night and the WFT moved well enough but lacked that extra sparkle of the winner. Like Jackie I thought the maltese would get reserve.

Zena Thorn Andrews is an excellent judge and as Jackie said would not be at all worried about putting up a 'surprise' dog if she felt it was merited.

Predictable - possibly as the TT is such a big winner but imo he thoroughly deserved it and the best dog won.

Just got back in from BIS.

Fantastic night - Mary Ray was outstanding as usual.

The Friends for Life presentation was lovely and very emotional.

The BIS judging.

The TT was very showy and a dead cert for BIS.

My personal choice was the Blood Hound and the Maltese - both showed their hearts out, and looked amazing.

The Beardie was a bit flat.

The Flat Coat moved well, but was getting fed up and didn't show well otherwise, also got spooked at something and started woofing.

The Malamute was a magnificent dog, but on the final move up and down, his movement on his right leg was off.

The Fox Terrier, well - shouldn't have got reserve. Wasn't happy, moved awful - would have been nice if it had gone round with all 4 paws on the ground and not the front ones off the floor at some points.

We knew the TT was going to walk it - that was obvious, and just hoped that the Blood Hound or the Maltese would get reserve...sadly though, we guessed the fox terrier would get it.

Hey Oh.