UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Snatch Hospitalised

staffymad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snatch didn't come home :mecry: I spoke to his vet this evening and well, where to start. His levels are now down to 27 which are still near enough 3 times the kidney enzyme values they should be. Therefore the vet won't let him go home until sunday lunch time and that is assuming that his enzyme values will go down by the same rate (if they go down at all). :( Snatch's full blood results are back and his white cell count is normal-ish so we can for now say it is not cancer which is great. However, his red cell count is absolute bottom of the minimum levels, so if we give him to much fluids he becomes aenimic (sp?) and basically drown internally. Snatch definately has a failing kidney and although the liver values are unchanged, we are still hoping this got to do with having had to work extra hard for 5 days.

If Snatch comes home on sunday, he will stay on the rhinol (sp?) diet and also on medication for the liver, however he is also on Frusamide for his heart, which basically counter acts the fluid build up. The kidney medication tries to hydrate him and Frusamide tries to dehydrate him and stops fluid built up.

The vet told me the first 7-10 days coming home will be crucial. If he goes down hill fast, he needs to go back on fluids at which stage we need to decide if keeping him on fluids every 7-10 days is best for him or if we let him pass over to new pastures. :mecry: :mecry:

I am not allowed to see him as the vet thinks it will stress him out as he is settled and seeing him for a bit and then leaving him for a while will be worse for him and I agree with this. I will drop of a worn T-shirt tomorrow for his crate as well as his fleecy blanket and a kong toy so he is comforted that I still care and love him.

Please keep my little man in your thoughts for the next 10 days and pray with me that he will come out of all this on the other side to share our lives a little longer.

Cindy

Oh Cindy have been worrying about him all day. He's down 7 on yesterday isn't he? Really hope he stabilises and is with you a good while yet. :GroupHug: Sending lots of healing and positive thoughts to the special little man. Come on fella. I want to meet you next month finally. :wub:

Having quite recently lost Jo to lung cancer - on 21st November 2006 - I can well imagine how worried & upset you are probably feeling right now but do stay strong fro him. At the moment he's fighting & improving so whilst we all have out time hopefully it's not this one for Snatch.

Keep fighting Snatch - there are many people here willing you to pull through.