UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

North West Anniversary Walk

flweir

Hello

Just an advanced date for your diaries - the North West Oldies Club Anniversary walk will be taking place on the morning of Sunday 15th April at Delamere Forest Park, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 2JD.

All welcome, further details will follow.....!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Just an advanced date for your diaries - the North West Oldies Club Anniversary walk will be taking place on the morning of Sunday 15th April at Delamere Forest Park, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 2JD.

All welcome, further details will follow.....!

I've been determined to go to Delamere one day.....so now I have an good excuse! :biggrin: :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully junk yard dog will be well enough (or should I say, mended enough) to do this. Have put it in my diary anyway.

I am assuming it won't be a 3 hour hike.

Ellie x :flowers:

No, it won't be a 3-hour hike! There are several circular walks to chose from, the one I did the other day when scoping out the place took about an hour but it was all on the flat around a lake so should be fine for most Oldies (and there are shorter short cuts too)

I'll post some more details re. where to meet up etc next week.

Frances

As promised, more information for the North West anniversary walk....

Please see below for website giving address/directions etc. For those with satellite navigation, the postcode is: CW8 2JD

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/delamerehome

Meet underneath the big wooden canopy just outside the visitors centre at 11.00. I'll be there from about 10.45 with my hubby and two dogs (see linky in my signature for photo of dogs to help you identify us!).

We can decide the exact route when everyone arrives (depending on the age/fitness of the dogs/humans!) - the waymarked routes are all very flexible so extra D-tours/short cuts can all be arranged. Bring a drink/snack and we'll stop somewhere en-route for a breather (I might even bake a birthday cake!)....

Car parking costs £2, and the main car park is at the visitor's centre.

Everyone is welcome, really hope to see as many Northwesty's as possible! :flowers:

Frances

One of our fave places, last time we were there Ruby jumped in the lake not realising how deep it was and poo'd herself when she realised. :rolleyes:

Will try and make it with my three but got stepdaughters wedding in Warrington the night before so might be a bit tired (alright, hungover). :wacko:

Come on you NorthWesty types! Anyone else around who can make it?

Frances x

I'm a northwesty but have the small problem of not having oldies.. Mine are 2years and the other 6mths so don't think the oldies would appreciate them on their 'relaxing' walk :laugh: :wub: Codie the pup especially as she always snogs any 'older' dogs she meets on walks :rolleyes:

Fantastic, will see if my friend will come with her three dogs also. That way if ours are too lively we could always branch off on our own, leaving the oldies to enjoy there walk! Have wanted to go to Delamere for ages as I haven't been for years!!

My two btw...

CIMG2046.jpg

edited... Have just realised the date. Codie is being spayed on the 10th April so I may not be able to make this after all :unsure: Will have to see how she is after her op. I know my other dog was up and about the next day when she was done and having her usual offlead walks. Will let you know nearer the time....

Edited by dawnhughes