UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

North West Anniversary Walk

flweir

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All peeps and dogs welcome. Don't expect Oldies to be good and calm. They can be livewires too if they haven't hit a doddery stage and even then can surprise you. They don't suddenly turn over a new leaf :laugh:

Ellie I really hope to be there cos I know how much you want to meet up with my Iss.

It is all off-leadable (except the first part when walking across the car park to start the walk!). From memory, there was one part on the route I took last time where the track went close to a road so I put my dogs back on lead just in case, but mainly, it's all woodland tracks around a lake with no roads in sight.

Really hope you can make it!

Will the tracks take the puggy, Perry does tire and likes to ride as well as walk, we would love to come and bring his new oldie Basil with him (b @q is beckonning with their garden cart for him!)

Lesley x

In the main the tracks have been surfaced (i.e. tarmaced underneath the dirt - is the word metalled?) there are some routes that are a bit more rough and ready but we can keep to the main tracks around the lake so you should be fine with the puggy!

Just a note to let everyone know that I'm not going to be online between now and the 13th April (I'm going to Ireland - on ferry with dogs - should be an experience!) but that everything is all set for the 15th April.

I'll log in on the 13th/14th when I return, but I didn't want anyone to wonder why I'd suddenly gone quiet! Other committee members (who hopefully will be joining us on the walk) will be checking this thread if anyone has any questions.

Look forward to meeting as many of you as possible on the 15th April!

F x

I have to say I've been to Delamere several times and have never come across a visitor centre and shops although we have always found it more by accident as we always get lost. So I can see me ringing mobiles and asking where you all are. :laugh:

Shall we make a list of who's going and who they're taking?

Although I have 4 dogs I'll only be taking 1. This is because I have 1 Viz Fergus who doesn't do groups of dogs and gets stressed. Bad memories from the past. If I take my other viz Bracken he will go spare as they are inseparable. The old collie x Sheena just doesn't do other dogs.

So that means me and hubby are going with Issie, Italian Spinone aged 13 next month. Doesn't act her age or look it apart from she does more walking than running and you can tell she's slowed up but can go miles. Haven't known her get tired.

Do you want to add yours to the list maybe copying & pasting as you all go along so we have complete list going.

Michelle & Martyn with Issie

visitors centre is by the train station i found it last time by mistake!!!

i shall be there with king ......others who have met him knwo he is stupid at first and barks at everything but is fine after a few mins.......might have friend and couple of extra dogs not 100% yet!

oh and king will be muzzled for safety of any passing cyclists bums :)

I know the lady I was meeting up with can't make it now and I'm not sure I'll be going as I have something big on the following weekend also related to The Oldies club and exams coming up. Something has to give I'm afraid.

Edited by Jacobean