UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Healing Thoughts

EAD

Benji is off to the vets tomorrow for a heart x-ray :sad02:

He has had a heart murmur for years which we have controlled with Vetmedin though in December he started coughing (just on and off). Anyway he was given Frusemide which didnt really help and made him wee all round the house.

He was then put on another heart drug along side the frusemide and antibiotics as they vet thought the trachea was irritated.

The cough is now worse than ever to the point where he is nearly choking though try telling him not to run after the girls when they are playing as this makes it worse :rolleyes:

The vet is now thinking that due to the heart failure his heart is maybe now enlarged so hes not allowed any breakfast tomorrow morning (he aint gonna like that) and hes getting sedated and x-rayed.

I realise any news I get isnt going to be good but I just want him to be comfortable.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EAD, we have just gone through the same situation with one of ours who is 16 years old. He has heart disease and a very enlarged heart. He developed a terrible cough that was with him most of the day and we knew he couldn't continue like that.

He had another vet check and although he had a little fluid on his chest his main problem was that his heart was so enlarged that it was pressing on his windpipe and causing the cough. He is on Vetmedin and Frusemide also.

I would just maybe give you some hope here :)

Our vet said he could do no more so with his total support we took Bosun to our homeopathic vet. She didn't give us any false hope but decided on a remedy that may help him. Well, 3 weeks down the line Bosun is happier than he has been for weeks and if he coughs 2-3 times a day that is all he does. He has had his Vetmedin reduced by 25% as this was necessary due to the efficacy of the homeopathic remedy. This btw was agreed by our conventional vet. It is so hard to believe that whatever he has been given must have reduced the enlargement and stopped the coughing. Our homeopathic vet said that we were not just dealing with symptoms but a very 'mechanical' problem.

We take each day as it comes but we are totally astounded by the results. We are keeping a daily chart and it is plain to see that there are improvements right across the board.

If your vet can do no more then please consider the homeopathic route but see an experienced practitioner as it is quite a complex thing and you need a very specific remedy.

Healing thoughts being sent :wub:

Thank you everyone :flowers:

Jackysian seeing as you're such a fan :wink:

ElainesCybershotPics064.jpg

Houndwoman.....Benjis problem sounds just like Bosuns, so worrying isnt it. Glad you found something that helped.

The only problem I might have with going to a homeopathic vet is that the closest one is roughly 80 miles away. I did contact her last year about his liver problems and she said the stress of travelling that distance with him might not do him any favours.

But I will deal with one thing at a time and see what the x-ray shows us tomorrow.