UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Tell Us Of Shows The Oc Could Attend In 2007

ReikiAnge

If anyone hears of a show that the OC could possibly have a stall at, volunteers depending, this year, could you please post the details on this thread :flowers:

We have attended a number of rescue and non-rescue shows in the past and they're a great opportunity for raising funds and awareness for the oldies in our care, and also those in the care of other UK rescues :)

The OC does get invited to have a stall at various events held by other rescues, which is great. We would also like to hear about dog shows where rescues have the chance for stalls and also regional shows, that aren't necessarily dog specific (the country/general sort of shows, if you know what I mean :wacko: ).

We may also be looking for volunteers to help man the stalls in certain areas once bookings are confirmed, so if this is something you would like to get involved with, watch this space :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone hears of a show that the OC could possibly have a stall at, volunteers depending, this year, could you please post the details on this thread :flowers:

We have attended a number of rescue and non-rescue shows in the past and they're a great opportunity for raising funds and awareness for the oldies in our care, and also those in the care of other UK rescues :)

The OC does get invited to have a stall at various events held by other rescues, which is great. We would also like to hear about dog shows where rescues have the chance for stalls and also regional shows, that aren't necessarily dog specific (the country/general sort of shows, if you know what I mean :wacko: ).

We may also be looking for volunteers to help man the stalls in certain areas once bookings are confirmed, so if this is something you would like to get involved with, watch this space :)

A few Yorkshire shows

Bishop Burton (agricultural) College Town & Country Day Sunday May 13th 2007. http://www.bishopb-college.ac.uk/index.php

Lord Mayors Parade & Gala - Hull - end of May / early June I think

Hull Show - September time I think

contact Sue Tingle on 01482 315361. Cheap charity stands - £30 - £40 mark but not so well placed. Includes a dog show - usually in aid of Hessle Dog Rescue & judged by Ryehil Dog Training I think

Great Yorkshire Show 10- 12th July Harrogate

http://www.greatyorkshireshow.com/

Driffield Show - Driffield Agricultural Society, Wednesday 18th July 2007

http://www.driffieldshow.co.uk/driffield_show.htm

Hornsea Carnival Friday, Saturday, Sunday - July 20/21/22 - 2007 Theme Country Life

http://www.hornseacarnival.org.uk/

Yorkshire Air show ? Showing 2006 dates at present

http://www.elvington.org/

Don't know how much help these will be? I'm happy to offer my assistance at any local event. :flowers:

Dog Show

05/04/2007 - 09/04/2007

Venue:

Anglesey Show Ground

Gwalchmai

Anglesey

LL65 4RW

Tel: 01407 810610

Organiser: Peter and Delia Roberts

Anglesey Canine Society

05/05/2007

Venue:

Anglesey Show Ground

Gwalchmai

Anglesey

LL65 4RW

Tel: 01407 831207

Organiser: Audrey Ensor

Doggy Fun Day - I went last year, small event but friendly and well supported.

28/05/2007

1000 - 1600

Venue:

Ucheldre Centre

Mill Bank

Holyhead

Anglesey

LL65 1TE

Venue E-mail: [email protected]

Venue Tel: 01407 763361

Event type: Children's Events

Horse and Dog Show - Very horsey!

16/06/2007

Venue:

Llannerch-y-medd

Venue Tel: 01407 831616

Organiser: Miss Carli Evans

Tel: 01407 831616

Anglesey's County Show

14/08/2007 - 15/08/2007

One of Wales' premier Agrigultural Shows.

Venue:

Anglesey Show Ground

Gwalchmai

Anglesey

LL65 4RW

Venue Tel: 01407 720072

Event type: Country Shows and Fairs

Organiser: Aled W Hughes

Tel: 01407 720072

Anglesey Canine Society

08/09/2007

Venue:

Anglesey Show Ground

Gwalchmai

Anglesey

LL65 4RW

Venue Tel: 01407 831207

Organiser: Audrey Ensor

Tel: 01407 831207

South of England Summer Show, South of England Sowground, Ardingly

Thursday 7th, Friday 8th & Saturday 9th June

South of England Show

For further details please contact the South of England Agricultural Society on 01444 892700.

As well as the Autumn Show

Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th October

Autumn Show & Game Fair

Further details see entry under SEAS Shows or call The South of England Agricultural Society on 01444 892700

www.seas.org.uk/shwidx.asp?ID=3

Edited by akitas

The Dog Training Club I'm a member of will hopefully be holding a companion show this Summer. Will know more after our Committee meeting this Friday. There's also our annual Open Obedience Show. If you give me a phone number and name for someone from the Oldies then I can raise it at the meeting on Friday as stalls are always on the agenda.

The Open show is in Wolverhampton and the companion show if it goes ahead will be in that area too (West Mids.).

Cricklade Show (near Swindon) is normally on the August Bank Holiday Monday. Details for this year haven't been published yet, but I'm hoping to get a charity stand. I'm OK to organise the stall, but if there is anyone free to help for a couple of hours through the day that would be brilliant.

This is a big horse show/dog show, we had an OC stand there 2 years ago and did very well and raised lots of interest.

The Blue Cross in Bromsgrove have a show every year and there were other local rescues with stalls there last year. Not sure when it is this year or who to contact but likely to be details on their website. I've got a few boxes of second hand books I have collected if anyone wants them!!

Louisa x