UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Crufts 2007 Thread

Pingu

Mark and I are going to meet Sarah and the Wiccaweys gang at there planned meet ( Border Collie Trust stand at midday in Hall 2 )

we are leaving very early in the morning to try and beat the crowds and traffic

see you there then :biggrin: I spotted the stand today

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me neither! can someone please take some belgian shepherd piccies and some akita piccies for me?? :biggrin: :flowers: :flowers:

Anne do you have a DVD player or can you watch DVDs on your PC ? , I can send you a disk next week with all 4 nights of BBC coverage on. Yesterday they spoke about ( and looked at ) Belgian Shepard's :biggrin:

Sam

Right I am off to Crufts now, wish me and my credit card luck :wavey:

If anyone fanices meeting me, reiki ange and staffyonkey

At long last, I got to meet Mrs. Melps yesterday!

and Reiki Ange! (poor Staffymonkey wasn't well) :(

Probably too late now, but a word of warning to anyone planning to meet up with them today......they have VIP passes, and are not afraid to use them!! :ohmy: (you have to pay to smile at them now)! :rolleyes:

It was great to see Cloudy, Rykat, and the all mighty Pingu again, and meet Gemstone, and Susie :biggrin:

Of course, didn't recognise all the 'famous' people I should have done :rolleyes:

Bank balance took the obligatory hammering, and I got suitably slobbered by a lufferly Boxer :wub:

A very satisfying day!!

Staffymonkey...I hope you're feeling much better, very soon :flowers:

Everything seems to be going really great at Crufts :biggrin:

Roger Mugford , Nick Mays and Mic Martin have been very helpful and supportive :biggrin:

Mic even signed a t shirt for one of the committee , but i will leave that to that member to explain :laugh: :laugh:

The kennel clubs support has been amazing and they have DNB leaflets on all their tables . Melp has given leaflets out in the discover dogs bit and managed to leave a petition too :biggrin:

I think they are enjoying their VIP passes as they are allowed to go anywhere with them :laugh: :laugh:

They are off to meet Victoria Stilwell , it was quite difficult to hear Melp on the phone so i have no doubt i will have missed something important out , with the backgroud noise , some guy shouting over the pa systems and my dogs snoring :laugh: :laugh:

I am just so pleased that everything is going really well and DNB are getting such fantastic support , i am sure Melp will update better when she catches her breath again.

Fiona xx

Edited by Fiona711

I went yesterday :biggrin: it was nothing like I thought it was going to be. Me and my friend spent the first hour walking round hall 3, completely lost and clueless, then Julia (Gemstone) came to our rescue and gave us a map :biggrin: which we couldn't figure out :laugh: we finally found Sandra and she pointed us in the right direction :biggrin: We watched the agility and then got lost again :laugh: I mean really lost in all the stalls. When we found the exit we just went, we didn't fancy getting lost again :rolleyes: We didn't even figure out the massive signs above our heads that told you where you were and which direction the halls are :blush: Then!!! we couldn't find the car :biglaugh:

We said if we go again next year we're going with someone who actually has a brain. :laugh:

And after all that I only bought a bandana for Nala!!

Edited by kittycat97

Anne do you have a DVD player or can you watch DVDs on your PC ? , I can send you a disk next week with all 4 nights of BBC coverage on. Yesterday they spoke about ( and looked at ) Belgian Shepard's :biggrin:

Sam

Right I am off to Crufts now, wish me and my credit card luck :wavey:

yes I have a DVD player, that would be so nice of you Sam :pinkie: :flowers:

Missed the Squirrels at Midday by the BCT stand.

By the time we'd escaped from the Arena and fought our way through the crowds we were about 20mins late, so apologises to anyone who made their way there and thought they'd missed us.

It was the busiest I've ever seen it today.

Missed the Squirrels at Midday by the BCT stand.

By the time we'd escaped from the Arena and fought our way through the crowds we were about 20mins late, so apologises to anyone who made their way there and thought they'd missed us.

It was the busiest I've ever seen it today.

I think I saw the top of your head.

Did you step up the arena steps and then go straight back down again at about 10am? (Wearing purple Wics tshirt)

(was expecting to come in here and read tales about celebrity pants...)

Edited by Abigailj

(was expecting to come in here and read tales about celebrity pants...)

ahh thats in RMF

I also brought a large ammout of dog worming tablets today for the Dogstar vet and think I got a good price at 1.10p per tablet ( but am not sure if it was the cheapest ) , cat worming tablets at 1.60 per tablet and some puppy worming liquid ( with 50 % free )

Did you step up the arena steps and then go straight back down again at about 10am? (Wearing purple Wics tshirt)

Sounds about right :)

I was trying to locate a Hot Dog!

damn we left the stand around 12.17 as Mark was becoming a magnet for people with large bags ( no matter where he stood they found him and whacked him with them )

Pooh :(

Poor Mark - it was a bit lethal today.

The Sunday Wiccs contingent are going up later in the day tomorrow (pacing ourselves for BIS), so we will be lurking around the BCT stand at 3.30ish onwards for about 20mins or so if anyone wants to come and say hi.

Just a little plug too for the shoppers out there, the lovely folks at Colliewobbles (Hall 4) kindly offered to have a donation box for us on their stall. As have the lovely folks at BlackDog (Hall 5) - they sell the T-Touch wraps - if people mention Wiccaweys when making a purchase, they are also donating us 10%! :)

Begger! I missed the DnB at the KC stand.

Everytime we headed that way we got hijacked!

We did notice one sad sight. Last year there were a few Rotties in crates, this year it was an exception to see a rottie not in a crate *sigh*

Saw one funny sight though...Rykat filming Pingu for a change! Way to go. Well done Katie too!