UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Little Introduction.....

staffymad

Hi Jo :wavey:

I really missed the refuge

How is the :wub: Tricks doing?

Tricks is doing really well. :) I've taken loads of photos of him and he's featured in quite a few Tricky photo threads in Doggie Chat... Don't know if you've had a chance to see them? :biggrin:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello to all, im sandra, im new to OC and hopeing to foster :flowers: and willing to help out with transport,i live in kent with my OH and two grown up children and my black lab (7) biff. very new to this so hope it works ! :wacko:

Hi Sandra :wavey: Welcome to the mad house.

Cindy :biggrin:

My name is Sue and I work in the Fundraising Dept of The Mayhew Animal Home.

I have not fostered for the Oldies Club, but have fostered many dogs for the Mayhew, my speciality and great love being oldies.

I adopted a 14 year-old dog - Hugo - in 2005 and he is still going strong at 16 years old :wub:

In January this year I was asked to foster a 12 year old dog - Vicky - who was very depressed in kennels. She is still with me and for medical reasons is unlikely to get a home, so she is a long term foster and I may well be her last home.

Handsome Hugo

Copy%2001%20hugo%20park.jpg

Pretty Vicky

Copy%2001%20vicky%20face.jpg

Edited by Sue B

Hi,our names are Tina and Alan,

We are new fosterers and our first foster dog you will know as Jack the wonderful dobe who passed away last week.We live in Milton Keynes with our two dogs Chelsea a GSD 12 and Tod our Greyhound who will be 8 in June.We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of 2 new oldies.

:flowers: A BIG THANK YOU to everyone for your kind messages about Jack. :flowers:

Hi Everyone!

I'm Tracey, live in Annesley Woodhouse, North Notts with hubby Mark and oldie greyhound Flyn (13yrs). Sadly we lost our other lovely boy, Mr Jones, last Sept and we really miss him :mecry:

I am one of the OC Deputy Transport Co-ordinators and have helped transport some of the dogs as well, the lovely Bailey being the last one :wub: . Hoping to foster soon but waiting to move house first.

Once I can work out how to do it I'll post some pics of Flyn and Mr Jones :rolleyes:

We are new fosterers and our first foster dog you will know as Jack the wonderful dobe who passed away last week.We live in Milton Keynes with our two dogs Chelsea a GSD 12 and Tod our Greyhound who will be 8 in June.We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of 2 new oldies.

:flowers: A BIG THANK YOU to everyone for your kind messages about Jack. :flowers:

So sorry Tina and Alan, must have been very upsetting for you to lose Jack :GroupHug:

Good luck with your new ones!

Hi Tina and Alan, good to see you've found your way here :wavey:

I'm sorry you had such a sad start to fostering. I think it's wonderful that you want to carry on - lots of luck with your two new fosters :flowers:

Hi Tina and Alan. Great you finally decided to join into the madhouse :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tracy, no worries, once you moved you can join into the fostering and then you will be missing the days where I didn't say to you 'Step away from the foster dog' :laugh: :laugh:

Cindy

• 1 month later...

I've taken a couple of pics of the man himself tonight - my computer is SOOOOOO slow, its taken forever to download them

He was a real giddy kipper 'cos we'd just finished tea and he was living in hopes that his big eyes would bring a titbit pay off (they did of course!)

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

Oscar is fine, but we've got a vet's appointment tomorrow night... to cut a long story short, we bathed him on Saturday morning, then on Sunday, Monday and today, he's been slightly dizzy.... its as if he loses his balance. I'm obviously hoping that its something simple like abit of water in his ear affecting his balance, but am also really worried that it could be something more sinister. Its a really intermittent - in fact, in all probability, I'll get him to the vet and he wont do it, its just every now and then its as if he loses his balance... he hasn't fallen, just is abit unsteady on his feet. I'll keep you informed. Other than that, he's great - bouncing around like a pup, loving his food, cuddles and playtime, his personality isn't affected at all - its weird, and a bit scary... I'm really hoping the vet can tell us its something and nothing....