UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Some lousy pics of the dressage, will I ever stop dropping my shoulder and tipping my head over. We are working on submission at the moment so our marks for connection and forwardness were poor but I got what I wanted so it has to be ok! I was very pleased with her. :biggrin: Sorry pics are so big. (The witch is getting a bit portly, my jacket looks a tad over strained)

IMG_1148.jpg

Getting a bit long!

IMG_1143.jpg

I've spoken to the guys at the farm so many times about how they don't wait for me, but they tell me it is easier for me to catch up than it is for them to slow theirs downclosedeyes.gif

I am moving yards next week though (finally decidedbiggrin.gif ), so will have different hacking buddiesglare.gif , who will hopefully wait for me!!

Show was ok, we came 2nd in our hunter in handbiggrin.gif , but he just didn't want to move when it came to the ridden hunter, he decided the ground was too soft and there was too much mud and stuff for him to brave cantering. He walked, trotted, but flatly refused to canter, even when all the others were cantering off in front of himlaugh.gif Needless to say we came last in that classwub.gif

He certainly is a character, he loves to mug you for toffees, and pulls faces at all the other horses in the field if they dare to look at his sweeties!! He doesn't like mints or chocolate though - wasted a perfectly good piece of dairy milk the other day on himangry.gif

Pendlewitch, i'm shocked at your pictures :unsure: i'd always pictured you as a much older lady with... erm sort of long greying hair :laugh: :wacko: sorry :flowers:

Its funny the pictures we get in our heads isn't it :laugh:

Wanda is looking fab, and not too put out at having to do dressage, lovely swinging trot :wub: Did she do the test twice in the end?

Good luck with the move Gooster, sounds like a good thing to be doing :flowers:

We are off to Smiths Lawn again on Sunday but doing my most hated test P10. Why of all the tests it has to be that one, I have very bad memories of it, and that is without riding it on grass! Due to the emotional scarring I haven't even got around to riding it through yet :laugh: I have a lesson on Friday so think I will leave it until then as hopefully I can't gain any more hangups about it :wacko:

Pendlewitch, i'm shocked at your pictures :unsure: i'd always pictured you as a much older lady with... erm sort of long greying hair :laugh: :wacko: sorry :flowers:

Tee Hee, my long grey hair was tucked under my hat! Well it's mostly blonde but still very old witch like! :spudnikwitch:

I am a pensioner so that does make me old doesn't it? :biggrin:

congrats Clare! :flowers: :biggrin:

My boss is going to the regionals at Addington on tuesday.. I am not yet sure I can come, as we might be short staffed at the kennels. She has been going from strength to strength with her mare, after switching trainers :biggrin: Roxy has also become so grown up over the last 3-4 months.. when we are away at a show now, I can tack her up on the lorry and unload her, all by myself with no help. No hysterically bashing her head about, and trying to run down the ramp before the partitions are open. Big girl! :wub: I can even load her back up again afterawards, with no help, makes everything much easier!

She has already qualified for the winter regionals as well, she just keeps winning! :cool:

Fingers crossed you can go to Addington Anne and take lots of pics :biggrin:

Roxy sounds a babe :wub:

I survived the stressage yesterday :rolleyes: I was so chuffed with him, had a bit of bad luck, I had just changed rein and then was supposed to go into left canter (our major issue!) but on changing rein he wobbled a bit and I thought I may have gone out of the arena, at the same time I heard a car horn, so I thought I had been eliminated or had gone wrong, so I looked at the judges car but no action there, so I did a last minute transition and got the wrong lead, no suprise there, but I was still trying to work out whether I had been stopped and then decided I hadn't so took a while to ask for left canter again, which thankfully we got second time :biggrin:

He got a bit yeyha after that, and little monkey broke into canter a couple of times during some trot work, on the left rein and got himself on the correct leg :rolleyes:

But I came away really pleased as the trot work before the canter felt really nice and I was pleased with right canter for us, so all in all a good day. I went back later for my sheet and was stunned to see we had come 3rd with 67.9% :ohmy: All 7s and 8s for the first part of the test, a 5 for the sticky bit, and then finished with 6s. I am over the moon with him :wub:

• Like 1

Fingers crossed you can go to Addington Anne and take lots of pics :biggrin:

Roxy sounds a babe :wub:

I survived the stressage yesterday :rolleyes: I was so chuffed with him, had a bit of bad luck, I had just changed rein and then was supposed to go into left canter (our major issue!) but on changing rein he wobbled a bit and I thought I may have gone out of the arena, at the same time I heard a car horn, so I thought I had been eliminated or had gone wrong, so I looked at the judges car but no action there, so I did a last minute transition and got the wrong lead, no suprise there, but I was still trying to work out whether I had been stopped and then decided I hadn't so took a while to ask for left canter again, which thankfully we got second time :biggrin:

He got a bit yeyha after that, and little monkey broke into canter a couple of times during some trot work, on the left rein and got himself on the correct leg :rolleyes:

But I came away really pleased as the trot work before the canter felt really nice and I was pleased with right canter for us, so all in all a good day. I went back later for my sheet and was stunned to see we had come 3rd with 67.9% :ohmy: All 7s and 8s for the first part of the test, a 5 for the sticky bit, and then finished with 6s. I am over the moon with him :wub:

bloody well done!!! :biggrin:

I shall try and remember to bring my camera, but will only gfet pics from warm up, if any, as I always video her tests :flowers:

:circle: :bigsmiley: :elefant: :thumbsup_anim: :guitar:

Gina and Roxy have qualified for the Nationals!!

The class was split, and she came second in her group, 3rd overall :elefant:

Roxy has been coming into season, and has not been overly cooporative (sp?)the last 4 days, so warming up was just lots of stretching and not putting pressure on, and hoping that madame would repay that by giving that bit extra in the ring. And she did, she was really well behaved, and got 70,0% (don't think there were any marginal points but not sure). Only got beaten by one horse on 73% !!

A few pics from the warm up, but as I said, she did not really do a lot there (apologize for the poor quality)

RoxyAddington18-08-09016.jpg

RoxyAddington18-08-09015.jpg

RoxyAddington18-08-09020.jpg

and a couple from the prize giving :cool: (9 horses stood still, one certain little mare was dancing and prancing like a bit naughty grand prix horse :rolleyes: :laugh: )

RoxyAddington18-08-09038.jpg

RoxyAddington18-08-09042.jpg

RoxyAddington18-08-09043.jpg

(that is not a white spot on her forehead, but just her own froth)

RoxyAddington18-08-09051.jpg

Well done Gina and Roxy :partytime: :circle: :partytime:

Roxy is very beautiful :wub:

I have been poorly with a virus and haven't seen Loki since Sunday, other than holiday have never been away from him for so long, I do miss him :( His auntie is no doubt spoiling him rotten and he has forgotten who I am :rolleyes: Fingers crossed on Friday I feel well enough to go and see him :)

Lovely pics Anne - well done to Gina and Roxy!!!

Hope you feel better soon Claire x

Well, it has been the big move today!!! We had the farrier at 8.30 this morning, but the box wasn't coming to collect him till 12pm, so I chucked him out into the field, sorted his stable out, then went to buy him a calmer. Went back to farm to give him the calmer, and then went home to load my car with his feed bins etc. He loaded really well, and travelled ok (according to Sally who was driving the box). Got him to the farm, sorted out his stable whilst he announced to the whole planet that he had arrived. I have to keep him in till Saturday morning, as am worming him tonight. Am absolutely knackered now though - need to walk dogs then go back and settle him in for the night.

I've broken Wanda! :mecry: Well in a way it's a good thing, she's been awful to work for over a week now, just not wanting to make an effort and looking miserable, I have to admit she is good at that. She had a lunge lesson with my instructor on Friday and yesterday she went for a whizz round the fields in an attempt to cheer her up. Today her physio came to to a general check up and she says poor Wanda is really stiff in her hocks and tense over her lumbar spine as she is guarding the pain from her hocks. She is fairly convinced it's the onset of arthritis so the vet is coming out tomorrow. If I had not upped the work this would have been hard to spot before it became much worse so even though I have no doubt we will be going down the xray and steroids route in a way I'm glad it happened the way it has if you get what I mean. Poor Wanda has such a bad mummy! :(

How did Wanda get on with the vet PW? You are not a bad mummy at all :flowers:

I think Loki is broke too :mecry: He has had a boney lump come up on his near fore, it looks splint like to me :( , from messing the field I presume as I have been really careful with his exercise whilst the ground is so hard. He is not lame and there is no heat in it, but the vet is out today to check, please send "no box rest" thoughts :rolleyes: