UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Kath, how far away from Hertfordshire do you live? And everyone else for that matter, who wouldn't mind me showing up for a hack one day :D

Kath is oop north, Manchester way ... funnily enough very conviently placed for an overnight stop en-route to Anglesey actually! :wink:

Yep, I'm opp North, just south of Manchester look up Mobberley, Cheshire on google map and you will see where the yard is. I'd love to meet you, as would all the beasts and I'm sure I could convince Apple to be nice (ish) to you if you fancy riding a nutty pony for a change from the gorgeous dressage horses you're used to!!! Perfect stop over on the way to see Jacky and I've got a spare room you could stay in and the dogs will all be welcome too!!

Hope to see you soonish :cool:

Yep, I'm opp North, just south of Manchester look up e Mobberley, Cheshire on google map and you will see where the yard is. I'd love to meet you, as would all the beasts and I'm sure I could convince Apple to be nice (ish) to you if you fancy riding a nutty pony for a change from the gorgeous dressage horses you're used to!!! Perfect stop over on the way to see Jacky and I've got a spare room you could stay in and the dogs will all be welcome too!!

Hope to see you soonish :cool:

if I had a car I would love to bring the girls, yours and Jaynes are all boys as well aren't they? The dressage horses might be gorgeous, but please don't get the confused with well behaved! :laugh:

I am sure I would love Apple :wub:

Oh yes dogs are welcome too, and Martin of course (cos he'll be very useful as chief dog walker while we go riding!! :laugh: )

I don't think Akita and Tiz would be so much in love, Tiz is not good with girls is she? So I would leave the dogs and Martin at home (he hasn't got his long hair anymore anyway, so nothing for you to ogle at :D )... I would love to ride the super friendly Danny horse please :wub: :biggrin:

Wanda wants to join the rug problems brigade but it's not her fault this time. In spite of being reproofed twice her light weight rug still lets in water and she was NOT HAPPY about this and demanded a new rug and quite rightly so! :) After scooting round ebay I bought one from Ruggles, not a company I've heard about before. Rug arrived in two days (!!!!!!!) is great, fits very well and is quite deep, it has a tail flap with a refective stripe and elasticated leg straps. Price? £23 plus postage so £29.95. Now what a bargain is that! :) (Now it's gone colder and she's in a medium weight) :rolleyes: She's had new shoes today and spent the entire time snoging the farrier!

Nice to hear everyone's news and that all horses are back in action again.

I took my problems about getting my scan results to my doc and now have a date of 30th January! Vastly different to 19th March. Well done my Doc!

if I had a car I would love to bring the girls, yours and Jaynes are all boys as well aren't they? The dressage horses might be gorgeous, but please don't get the confused with well behaved! :laugh:

I am sure I would love Apple :wub:

I've got 1 girl - Maddie - she is generally very well behaved with girls or boys, as long as they give her the respect she thinks she deserves :rolleyes:

Hope you do manage to make it up here sometime - with or without the girls and Martin!!!

Loki has managed to stay in one piece for a whole weekend so actually got some decent hacking in this weekend :biggrin:

Ventured out in the winds today and he was very good boy, he is feeling 100% so long may it last!

I went to bring him in last night and found him on top of the derby bank thing on the XC course.

Picture is blurry but as I took it, he looked like was going to jump off in front of me :laugh:

Well I got up here but not sure how I am getting down

Image021.JPG

Right well I will just pretend it is not happening, no one can see me behind the mud :wub:

Image022.JPG

Aww Loki, you look nice surveying the landscape, bet he jumped down and took off across the field. :laugh:

Wanda has donated her fluffy duvet under rug to the Amersham horses at Redwings, it's too warm for her anyway and she's only had it on once. There will be a cold, thin horsey among the rescued who will appreciate it I'm sure.

Hi all. Sorry havent posted for a while but not alot has changed in the Dexter situation. Will try and read back and catch up.

Anyway I rode him yesterday. Just 20 mins in the school, walking and a couple of short trots. Didnt ride him today. He got most of his exercise in the field so I heard (at one point chasing 2 men with a gun who had come into his field) The slope down from the field is so muddy and with the wind and the youngsters pratting about it took 2 of us to get Dexter in. Trying to hang onto him and stay on our feet :rolleyes:

In a couple of weeks Dexter will be turned away again as owner is going into hospital and my share finishes in a couple of weeks anyway. :mecry:

Loki :wub: so what did he do? Did he jump or chicken out?

:laugh: He bravely waited for me to scramble up the bank and show him the best way down :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: Bobbysmum, it must be hard knowing that your share ends in a few weeks.

What a generous girl Wanda is :wub:

Will it ever stop raining :unsure:

I don't think Akita and Tiz would be so much in love, Tiz is not good with girls is she? So I would leave the dogs and Martin at home (he hasn't got his long hair anymore anyway, so nothing for you to ogle at :D )... I would love to ride the super friendly Danny horse please :wub: :biggrin:

Yeah she can be a funny mare! Although recently she's allowed 2 females into her house and been okay! Danny will of course be happy to take you on a roam of our island.

Only hacked on saturday, cos I'm full of cold and it was blowing a gale and a half yesterday. Had a lovely ride, and Kane was perfect (well 2 spooks but that's good for him!) he led the whole way and we had to go through an extreamly deep stream (up to my ankles...with them raised!!) and he didn't flinch! Minty was decidedly not happy with the stream..but super Kane charged though...although wimpy mummy did squeek abit!! :laugh:

Loki is gorgeous!! :wub: