UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Hello Bob :wub:

I know couldn't believe it either, I think I am going to try and book the day off so I can watch. Have a lovely time S, I have to admit I didn't fancy it as a venue so will be very happy if I can spend the day on the sofa watching, and then we can enjoy your pics :biggrin:

Oh what a shame :( I'm lucky our month end doesn't kick off until the week after.

Yes with so many events being cancelled and no improvement forecast for the weather the organisers must be getting a tad nervous!

Although the Horseracing has been able to continue through the wet weather, it has to be said though these race courses spend millions on technology to keep the courses free draining....dont think they have spent that on a public park...have to say id be livid if it was my local park...its going to be horrendous after this circus has tramped through it....

I will be in the Cotswolds in a caravan when the Olympics are on - keeping everything crossed for good weather :biggrin:

Blue can be turned out in a small paddock on Sunday :yay: YO is going to section off a small area in the field that her section A is in, and Blue can go in there.

I will be in the Cotswolds in a caravan when the Olympics are on - keeping everything crossed for good weather :biggrin:

Blue can be turned out in a small paddock on Sunday :yay: YO is going to section off a small area in the field that her section A is in, and Blue can go in there.

I love the Cotswolds....glad Blue can get out at last...hope it all goes to plan

Great news about Blue.

Took Phoebe for a hack today, trotting along happily until she spotted a large sack lying at the side of the road. Some spinning and backing up later, we turned for home. Phoebe 1 Me 0

Had a lovely hack on Bob on Tuesday too.

Lesson tomorrow on Barney, then riding Phoebe afterwards. Hope the rain stays away.

Well Milo is very much enjoying his new field. The man's daughter is besotted with him, most days I arrive at the field to discover her brushing him for the umpteenth time that day :laugh:

Ive been investigating the nearby Bramshill Forest and all I can say is WOW. As soon as you get in there its just big wide sandy tracks - I thought maybe id just found the really good ones to start with but no, they go on for miles and miles and miles. Milo been extremely well behaved, no hotting up or trying to tank off when we've trotted down the big tracks.

My boyfriend came with us today and he thought it would be hilarious (obviously) to take this photo - his caption is

"Now we just need to find a really big triangle" :laugh:

miloroad.jpg

But doesnt the boy look handsome :wub:

• Like 4

Awww, am really glad he seems happy,and the YO daughter seems smitten with him :flowers:

Well, Blue has been out in the field today. It's a small field, and the YO was going to electric tape a small section off for him. However, she hadn't got around to doing that when I went up today. I figured that he was going to go mental when he first went out anyway, electric fencing or no electric fencing, so decided to try him without. It was a good job I did, as he knocked me flying going into the field, then spooked at his lead rope I had dropped. I managed to catch him and take him into the field. As soon as I took his head collar off, he galloped off, fly bucking and farting and then threw himself to the floor and rolled :unsure: :rolleyes: My heart was in my mouth, but as soon as he had that out of his system, he settled down to filling his face and stayed chilled for the rest of the afternoon :) Quite glad we didn't bother with the electric fencing today, as I am pretty sure that he would not have seen it when he went mental, and caused himself a bigger injury than he would if he was allowed to run in a bigger area. Brought him in after a few hours and gave him a check over, there doesn't seem to be any heat/swelling/cuts anywhere.

Hopefully he will be a bit more chilled when he goes out tomorrow :)

Hope Phebe was a good girl and you didn't come across any more monsters :flowers:

Milo is looking well, and bigger than I remember :wub_anim: You are so lucky to have hacking straight into Brams!

Yay great news Blue can go out, hope he is none the worse for his airs yesterday and has been more relaxed about it all today :flowers:

Wahoo glad blue enjoyed his freedom, is he ok today?

Clare he always looks much bigger all tacked up and riding. He is actually only 15.2 and I never believed that but I measured him once with a stick and its true! I think because he's quite compact and upright he just looks big :laugh:

First riding club clinic on Saturday morning, so excited!! I never thought id be so looking forward to walking and trotting over poles :laugh:

Well, his legs had filled up yesterday morning, but he wasn't lame. The YO turned him out for a couple of hours, and when he came in again, his legs were back to normal again. Will keep an eye on him, but am now wondering if he needs stable bandages at night to stop his legs filling :unsure: His sarcoid on his chest seems to be falling off a bit too, so am thinking about putting him on sarc ex from global herbs for a while to speed up the process...

Have fun at the RC clinic :biggrin:

Gooster, as long as its more than one leg and they are going down when he moves around I wouldn't worry to much, its probably just a result of him being stabled for so long then getting moving again. Stable bandages might be a good idea for a bit until everything settles down :flowers:

I had an interesting hack last night, was cantering along when Loki had a little spook and I noticed a dog running behind us, shouted to the others to pull up but dog didn't seem aggressive was just enjoying running with our pack, but then it wouldn't leave us and we couldn't find an owner it was still with us by the time we approached the road so ended up stopping and phoning someone from the yard to come and pick her up.

We called the number on the tag a few times with no reply so then got worried that maybe something had happened to the owner walking out in the woods, so I called the police to explain my concerns but think they thought I was mad and just gave me the number of the dog warden. I also left my number with other dog walkers on their way into the forest in case they came across someone looking for their dog.

Finally got a call from one of the walkers saying they had found the owner looking for the dog, lady had gone out and forgotten her phone, sods law! So arranged for the lady to come to the stables and collect her, which was handy as by this point the dog was singing lots of lovely husky songs and none of us fancied taking her home overnight :laugh: Lovely dog didn't seem at all bothered by being with us, apparently she runs off on walks a lot but normally always comes back :rolleyes_anim: So a quick hack ended up a rather late night!