UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Well would you believe it!!!! Banner did her first on line agility competition in June. We just got the results today and she came 6th of of 37 entries, we get points in the league (well one point) and a rosette, my little pony is a super star! There were entries in her class from Australia, Canada, USA and New Zealand and well as England.

I'll put the vid up as soon as I can, Banner looks brill and I look like a bag lady!

• Like 4

Well you kept that quiet :laugh: a huge well done to both of you!

Milo moved to his new yard yesterday and all went really well. He spent the morning in his stable (as I work Saturday mornings) and when I got back at lunchtime he heard my car pull up and let out a huge whinney and terrified the life out of everyone there! They said he'd been so quiet they didn't know he was in there :laugh: in the afternoon I put him out if the field, he said hello to his new friend barley and then he got on with eating! I left him out last night, came down this morning to find everything as it was and he was in the right place so think he was ok. He was chilled having breakfast etc this morning so hopefully

Oops, didn't finish!

Hopefully he will be happy there :)

• Like 1

Glad Milo appears happy at his new farm :)

Have pretty much given up on my farrier, have been doing research into another decent one in the area. Have got my instructors farrier's number, so will give him a ring tomorrow. Hopefully he can help :)

well done Banner.....cant wait to see the vid...what a little star!!!

Glad Milo has settled in.... only because Im paranoid do you think soneone at the other yard was upsetting him while you wernt there?

I hope Blue's feet get better Im sure they will, afterall they arnt born with shoes...they should have the ability to do without them somehwere inside them....

Well done PW and Banner :cheer: Can't wait to see the video

Hope all those with poorly feet are feeling better, hope you get the farrier situation sorted Gooster.

Good to hear Milo approves of the new yard :flowers:

So yesterday off we set for Mattingley Horse Trials, the alarm was set for 4.30am :blink: my dressage was at 8.12! Did an ok test he wasn't foward enough really I think we were both still asleep, totally messed up our first canter transition that had to be done in the corner straight after changing the rein across the diagonal because Loki decided at that point he had to poo and obviously being male could not do two things at once :laugh: So came out feeling a bit dissapointed but my support team thought it looked ok.

Off to the dreaded showjumping, with me trying to remember all the things I was told in my lesson last week, and thankfully the confidence crisis I had been suffering seemed to have dissapeared. We went for forward and positive and got round with only one fence down, me and team were very :biggrin:

I was really looking forward to xc, the only fence I was a bit concerned about was a very skinny wood carving of a pig with Xmas trees each side three from home, sure enough he spotted it a way off and eyes came out on stalks and head was getting higher and higher and I was having trouble keeping him straight, so bought him back to trot a couple of strides away and he had a good look but popped it nicely in the end and then suprised me by accelerating away full of running at the end of the course. By the time I had walked him back to the trailer his breathing was almost back to normal so very chuffed with that.

Checked the scores before we left to see we had 36 dressage but judge not being generous and more in the 40s than 30s, the 4 from sj and had 2 time penalties. Looking at the rest of the dressage scores looked like we wouldn't be placed so I didn't bother driving back, then checked online last night and saw we had come 2nd!! It appears xc caused some problems and very few were inside or near the time so that pulled us up the scoreboard. They are sending me our rossette and a cheque for £50 :ohno02: Loki has actually paid for his own physio this week :laughingsmiley:

• Like 2

Yay, WTG Loki, you are a star!

Wanda went out for her first competition in a year, she did P12 and P4. Twelve was dire, she was so stiff and donkey like, the canter was lumbering and jump totally absent! She had a rest and a snack before P4 and Sam did some serious working in and she came in a different horse and did a really good test, ending up in 4th place so we were very pleased with her.

As for Banner's vid I recorded it as a vob file for some reason and I can't post it as yet. I'm trying to sort it out though!

Well done Loki and Wanda :partytime: :partytime:

Have found a farrier :biggrin: There is a farrier who used to do Blue when I first got him is based over near the airport, but he used to do one day a week over here. Anyway, I sent him an email to ask if he still did. Anyway, he replied within a couple of hours to say he works every Thursday over here, and he can fit Blue in this week :biggrin: The fact that James is v good looking is also an added bonus :)

Am loving my new farrier already. He replies to messages really quickly. He asked me to text him the farm postcode, so when I texted him with it, I got a reply to say thank you :) Sounds like a small thing to be pleased about, but when I have been used to no reply for weeks from my farrier, this is novelty :laugh: Old farrier also sent me a message tonight to ask if I still want him to come and see Blue. Since I have been trying to contact him for over a week, I told him I had got someone else to sort Blue out as he was too lame and I couldn't wait. He was ok about it though, and was more concerned about whether mardy bum was ok, than losing work.

(null)