UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

I have to say I am a complete convert to this A&P Fast Fibre

Loki does not like hay that much and haylage upsets his tummy, so have major issues in the winter with getting enough fibre into him. Touching all available wood :rolleyes: since being on this he is looking and feeling better than ever and he's had no digestive problems since starting it a few months ago. It apparently has the same calorific values as standard hay. They sent me a very detailed spec sheet if you want the full analysis I can find it for you. I pay £8 a bag and Loki gets 2.5 scoops a day and a bag lasts a week.

Hope that helps :flowers:

I got the worming schedule for next year from Intelligent Worming, Wanda is £59.60, Banner is, wait for it,

£155.15 Eeeeeeeek!

Guess what Lilli is, tee bluddy hee,

You got it , £155.15 :wacko:

:brstick: The witch needs a lottery win just for the worming! :biggrin:

Free ponies are expensive but so worth it, I love my little ponies! :wub:

So do you feed that instead of hay completely then Clare?

No I use it to top up his fibre intake, he will happily eat this but turns his nose up at hay :rolleyes:

CrB if you call Allen and Page and ask for a sample they will send you an info pack and in there is a £3 voucher :flowers:

:ohmy: at worming costs PW

Edited by Clare

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I have to say, I love my new farm!! I kinda assumed the yard owners would have Christmas off, and we would have to do morning feeds. I was wrong!!!! Texted YO last night to see what the set up was, and she called me back to say they feed 7 days a week regardless. If I want him out, I have to turn him out and bring in, but I don't have to do mornings!!!

Hoping the thaw has started, the boys are getting more and more boisterous in the field, so sooner work can start the better :rolleyes:

Did anyone get any good horsey gifts? My OH got me an equine heart monitor so I can do our interval training in style, it goes with the eventing stop watch I got for my birthday so Loki should be the fitest horse in Berkshire :laugh:

Wow Clare thats amazing!

Yep everything is thawing today, its supposed to be a whopping 9 degrees tomorrow so hopefully we should start to be back to normal by the end of the week! Im toying with the idea of taking Milo out for a plod round the lanes this afternoon as the roads are completely clear but the bridlepath is still frozen over.

I got some cream jodhs and long leather riding boots :biggrin:

*repeats to self* I WILL get to a horse show one day, I WILL get to a horse show one day :laugh:

Oh and my auntie got me a mug which says "Id rather be Riding!" which will now be my 'yard mug'!

Arr, we are melting rapidly, yipee!

On a sad note, there was a horrid accident on the road not that far away from us yesterday, horse jumped in front of a car, was knocked over and fell on the rider. She was airlifted to hospital, poor horse had a broken leg and had to be put to sleep. Just heard she has been released with only a broken cheekbone but now has to cope with the loss of her horse, how bloody tragic! Off to hug my horses now!

Edited by Pendlewitch