UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

That does sound scary for Kim, sending lots of :GroupHug:

We still have loads of snow at ours, at least though it is giving him time to settle into the new routine at the farm without me feeling like I should be riding or lunging him!! He is still getting to play in the fields and seems to have settled in really well. Last night we had a snuggle over his door when I was leaving, then he stuck his head out of his window at the side of the stable to have another snuggle!!

Sounds like happy Blue is back, hope it carries over into his ridden work :flowers:

If anyone is looking for a good supplement company, I placed an order with Feedmark yesterday at 4.30pm, prices very reasonable and then got £10 off (promotion until end of Jan)and a free tub of magnesium, and it has just arrived, fab service :ohmy:

I just wanted a broad spec vit and mineral supplement as Loki on his new feeding routine is putting weight on with only half the recommended amount, and no more scouring since starting it :biggrin:

Fantastic!!!

I have just started Blue on lo cal, as am worried he might not be getting all the vitamins he needs on happy hoof alone so decided to put him on a balancer.

Also got chatting to new yard owner yesterday and she said he's being really good. She said he's a little angel!!

Fantastic!!!

I have just started Blue on lo cal, as am worried he might not be getting all the vitamins he needs on happy hoof alone so decided to put him on a balancer.

Also got chatting to new yard owner yesterday and she said he's being really good. She said he's a little angel!!

Lo-cal sent Loki loopy, but don't worry he is not normal :laugh: It did wonders for his coat and foot growth though but wasn't worth the side effects :rolleyes:

Our school has been frozen much of the week :mecry: It was passable to start with on Tuesday to do some gentle lunging and in hand stuff but it was getting worse as we were in there.

I am hopeful it might be usuable tomorrow night, hope so as I have a dressage clinic on Saturday :laugh: But looking at the forecast the milder weather is going to be very short lived :mad:

McT chiro lady found lots of tightness where I thought she would so hopefully he will be more comfortable now.

We have the yard Christmas outing tonight, gawd knows how I will cope we will be sitting down to eat at the time I am normally going to bed as I have to up at stupid o'clock during the week, the others are okay they are still fast asleep when I am feeding their horses!

Hope you all get back to normal riding soon as this snow bogs offfffff.

Poor Kim, will keep sending positive thoughts :GroupHug:

Clare hope you have a good one tonight and not tooo tired in the morning :sleeping_03anim:

Ohhhh thanks for the diagonal/canter tips :thumbsup_still: unfortunately due to the bloomin snow our lesson on Saturday was cancelled, then when we arrived for our lesson on Sunday (at a different yard) someone had cancelled us in the book so all the horses were turned out and girls were going home :grrr:

So we have a lesson this Sunday to look forward to :elefant:

:laugh: its fun isnt it? :laugh:

Sometimes when I call Milo over and I can see 4 black/brown muddy legs poking out from underneath and black/brown muddy rug that should be blue, I think "why do I keep him on grass livery?!!". Then I remind myself that im far too lazy to have a stabled horse :rolleyes:

Our school finally defrosted on Saturday morning yipppeeeee. I did some lungeing with Milo and was really worried id have to go back to square one not having done anything for 2 weeks. He completely surprised me and had remembered everything we've done so far, and did it even better than before, just like he'd picked up where we left off. What a clever horsey. Having a lesson on Friday afternoon to catch up, I hope my instructor is pleased with him. Hes really learning to stretch and lower now, hes cracked it in walk but still does Llama head in trot. We'll get there :biggrin:

Well done Milo, clever boy :wub:

Think yourself lucky Gooster that Blue is bay and not mainly white like Loki :laugh:

Mini yaks look very cute :wub: May be by next year you can take a pic with Xmas hat and tinsel :laugh:

I had a fab lesson on Saturday, was introduced to the joys of shoulder in and travers, and had a play last night and it really helped our general schooling, have actually managed to ride 4 days in a row, im too scared to give him a day off as the weather is not looking good for the end of the week, I have a lesson booked for Saturday so really hoping horrible weather stays away.

I will be really gutted if I have all this time off over Christmas and am not able to ride :mad:

Edited by Clare

Sounds like a fab lesson Clare!!!

Just been up to farm and Blue is broken. I thought he was a bit stiff last night, but as I was feeling poorly and had all the stuff with my gran going on, I didn't think too much of it. Anyway, got up tonight and he was really lame on his left hind and it's a bit swollen above his hoof (am rubbish with anatomy!!!). Inga said that he wasn't even weight bearing this morning, so he has made a definite improvement. Apparently he spent yesterday tanking round the field with his new mates, so I reckon he's just twisted or slipped in the mud.

Ho hum, no lesson for me this week!!!