UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Ohhhh very posh Clare :biggrin:

Poor Blue. Hes probably tweaked something if he's been haring around enjoying all his turnout. Leave him for a few days and see what happens, hopefully it'll be fine :)

Milo has decided to get all grumpy over his hay. Normally he and his fieldmate are happy to share a haynet so myself and the other horses owner put 4 haynets out during the course of the day so they get 2 each. The last 2 days Milo has decided that hes not going to share nicely any more and as soon as I turn my back and start walking away he kicks up a fuss and shoo's his fieldmate away. I feel really bad because I think Milo is being a pig and eating it all so I think we're going to have to organise putting 2 nets out at a time so they dont bicker. I was so pleased when they would share the hay, I wonder whats changed.

Horses :rolleyes:

Yes I think so! Hopefully all sorted now, have organised to put both nets out at the same time. Im pretty sure he's been scoffing all the hay, he looks like a black and white bowling ball at the moment :laugh:

I managed to ride this evening for the first time in ages, since ive been concentrating on lungeing. Bearing in mind we havnt done any schooling for maybe 3 weeks he actually wasnt too bad. He did get rushy sometimes but I was able to bring him back to my speed without a tug of war. He thought the trotting poles were way too exciting :laugh: Hopefully I can get one more lungeing session in tomorrow afternoon then i'll be ready for another lungeing lesson on Friday :)

I finish for xmas on Friday afternoon so aslong as it doesnt snow until after then I dont mind :P

And lucky me has 19 indescriminately bred Fallabella/miniatures in to loan out.Mums,dads ad tiny foals. That should be fun with people wanting them for back gardens. I wonder how many death threats I will get when I turn people down.

I often think there should be a rescue just for those of us working in rescue

I can imagine suitable homes for those type of ponies come along very seldom, and with so many to rehome that is going to be a task and a half :unsure: :GroupHug:

Had a interesting schooling session last night, practising and not doing very well at the shoulder in, travers is a bit easier but even our less than good efforts was enough to really improve our trot work, I had one point where everything felt right, he was uphill, supple and felt like someone had pumped up the panels in the back of my saddle :biggrin:

All I had to do was sit there and enjoy, don't think that has ever happened before! I promptly got off gave him a treat, did a happy dance and called it a day :laugh:

Looking at the forecast I should be able to continue our schooling in about 2 weeks :rolleyes:

They are all gorgeous :wub: The lady who owns the farm im on is a total sucker for rehoming animals, we currently have a resident Ram who was rescued from our local petting farm when they threatened to send him to slaughter! We have post and rail fencing but dont think it would be low enough to contain mini's :( Good luck finding homes for them!

Fantastic Clare :flowers:

My lesson was cancelled this afternoon due to snow - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Am actually hoping for a bit of snow tonight as I need the clinic to be cancelled tomorrow as I don't want to risk going as our road is very icy, but if I cancel I still have to pay so hoping its called off :rolleyes:

Our school is frozen again so no riding for a while by he looks of it :huh:

Wow thankfully it must have swerved WEC as we only have about 3" but thats more than enough :huh:

Still managing to turn out thankfully as long as he keeps his shoes on, looking at the five day forecast it isn't going to get up above 1 in the next five days, so looks like no riding for a while :mad:

Positive thoughts for YO's pony Pippa please, shes come in this morning almost completely lame on her back near hind. No obvious heat or swelling but the lameness is really bad.

Shes been put in the riding school so shes on a flat surface, she cant be stabled because she gets really stressed and box walks for hours on end. Poor pony :(

Aww, Pippa, hopefully she's just tweaked something. Ooo, Loki looks good in the snow, what a nice face shot of him.

Wanda was being a moo so I lunged her for 20 minutes this morning. Loads of bucks and snorts and then after a walk off I let her loose in the arena, not really allowed but she was dying for a roll and she collapsed on cue and then with huge grunts and sighs she rolled and rolled and rolled and rolled! Heaved herself to her feet and shook the snow and arena surface off, gave me a big grin and walzed off to the gate, one very happy Wanda! :biggrin: