UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Lovely pics Clare, for a split second when I scrolled down I thought it was Milo :laugh:

How big is Loki? If we ever end up at the same show (if I ever get to one!!) we'll have to take photos of them together, matching piebald things :biggrin:

Im officially on my xmas holidays now, not back til the 10th of Jan so im gutted that I wont be able to ride. However ive just discovered Horse and Country TV and have spent the last hour and a half watching the Young Show Jumpers Cup and Olympia and then 'At Home with Carl Hester'. I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the holidays :laugh:

Ooh yes love H&C although you will find once you have watched it for a while you get lots of repeats :laugh: I think I rather :wub: Carl Hester after watching his series.

Loki is 16.3hh :biggrin:

Glad Wanda got her roll :wub: and lucky you having a usuable school! I don't think I'll be able to ride this side of Xmas :mecry:

:laugh: Yes he is deceptive.

Just checked the ten day forecast and its not forecast to get above 1, surely that can't happen :mecry: I am off from Thursday until 4th Jan, I will be bored out of my mind if I can't ride :unsure: I normally love this time of year as I get to play horses without the inconvenience of work, looks like thats not going to happen this year. Hmmm if this weather pattern continues maybe we should move Christmas to the summer :rolleyes:

Oh no how scarey :ohmy: Our YM was reduced to tears over the hay situation she really got to the point she thought she couldn't get any hay, but thankfully she found enough to get us through the next few months, its an ongoing worry though. Really hope we get good hay making weather next year.

Hope you find some soon :flowers:

No hay found yet :( wondering about feeding some hage and maybe something like readigrass. Any ideas? Bumble cant be on complete hage as too much gives him the squits :rolleyes: also have to be careful as hes a lami boy. The hage is local stuff nothing added. As we're so close to christmas i obviously need to sort things fast but as i keep looking for injured Rosie cat i'm like this :wacko: Heard of hay replacement nuts but been told they work out very expensive :unsure:

On my last farm, they said that the 2nd cut of haylage they had was less rich than the hay they had and forbade anyone from using the hay (even the laminitics). Not sure how true this is, but apparently they had tests done on both. If it is true, could be worth trying to feed 2nd cut hage, but soaking it to take some of the goodness out?