UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

That's so sad. :mecry:

Great piccys Jayne, Blue looks fab!! :wub: :wub: Good jumping too!!!

My boy has a busy schedule this weekend, he's in much demand!!! :laugh: We're hacking tonight with someone, then saturday I've been asked to hack out with one of the young girls to help her pony overcome his fear of traffic and sunday me and Laura are going on an adventure!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I was rather proud cos the young girls mum came specifically to ask me if I minded taking her on a hack as she'd heard that Kane was as bombproof as they come hacking, t'was very nice to hear something good about him for a change!! :laugh:

Blue is :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Jayne and you look so relaxed!

Squeak had the hump with Duke today a little, did make me smile. Duke is the boss and Squeak the very dedicated disciple but he got narked with him! Duke has his rug on at night now but Squeak doesn't just yet so when I take the rug off in the morning Duke is badgering Squeak for an intensive grooming session which Squeak himself doesn't need. A few nibbles later and Squeak was getting very peeved with unfair demands on his time :wub: Bless him he only put his ears back and kept walking off whenever Duke tried to nibble but for Squeak that's a massive statement :wub:

:GroupHug: That's just awful!!! I'll keep my eyes open for you.

I had a fab weekend, hacked out friday night, sat and sunday!! Poor Kane was knackered by sunday!!! :laugh:

Got abit annoyed with one of the girls who came with us on friday though, she's one of those 'been there done everything' types. Who sprouts on about all the stallions, lunatics and mad horses she usually rides and then her grandads horse did a tiny spook and she was nearly hysterical!!! :rolleyes: :laugh: Me and Vicky (the yard owners 13 year old daughter) weren't very sypmatic I'm afraid!! She got in a right tiz because a tractor was going behind us, now I know a tractor could be touching Kane's bum and he wouldn't care but she insisted we trotted (actually she cantered on the road which I absolutely will not do!) away from it. I'm afraid I gave her a mouthful because I've seen Jasper (the horse) near tractors before and while he's not entirely happy he's okay as long as the other horses don't react, and she was nearly crying in fear of what he'd do!!! I told her she was making him scared and unless she reacts with confidence how on earth does she expect Jasper to be brave. Drives me nuts cos Jasper is a fabulous horse (I would ride him...and I don't say that very often cos I'm a wimp!!! :laugh: ) and she slags him off and says he's slow and boring but then over reacts when he peaks at something!!! :rolleyes: Some people don't now when they are lucky!! :laugh:

Sorry guys - am having hug internet problems at home - can't get on at all most days - not happy!

So sorry about foal

So sorry about the Old Macs too - I would be livid!

Just popped in to throw in a curve ball then I have to go back to work! I am havign serious doubts about selling Rolo - am considering giving it another go - lots of things would have to change, but I just adore him. We will see - have not decided anything yet!

It had crossed my mind Jen that you were having doubts, there didn't seem to be a huge effort to sell him. He's a lovely boy, hang on to him, you've come so far together! :wub:

Wanda is being a moo! Tearing round the fields, chasing Obe, snarling at Kim and over reacting at the slightest thing. I pulled her head out of Monty's empty bucket today and she shot back with hugely goggling eyes screaming 'you pulled me ed'! She's been on Simple System metaslim and molasses free sugar beet for a while to help her weight problem, although not an ideal candidate for metaslim, it's more aimed at the porky, loaded shoulder type of horse it can also help with the slightly depressed, (also porky) horse that Wanda was. I think it's worked, she's now a hoody! She's going back on the Luna Eclipse which is designed for the moody mare and she certainly fits that bill! Anyway she got lunged this afternoon which did calm her down a bit after a few bucky kickies and a bog off! :laugh:

Havent been in here in ages :rolleyes:

WTG Wanda ya hooligan :laugh: :wub:

Jen hope you can work things out with Rolo :wink:

Have fun at the Bridge foalie :lily:

Jayne Blue is gorgeous :wub:

Well done Apple & Katherine and well done Kane for being the sensible one :thumbsup_still:

Had a lesson by myself on Friday at the new yard and it was fab :elefant: Rode a 14'3 chestnut mare called Rosie who has done some dressage apparently, she was very responsive and we were doing walk to canter transitions so I floated home on a cloud. Going this Friday again with my friend whos gonna video me so im very excited :elefant:

Where are all the horsey peeps :unsure:

Anyway I shall ramble on :rolleyes:

Had another lesson yesterday and rode Rosie again. We were working on my position, no stirrup work (which I like) and more canter work. I enjoyed it muchly :biggrin: though my face looked like the colour of a raspberry by the time I got off. Back next Friday and cant wait :elefant:

Quick rant about people who ride horses, put them back in their stables and don't even brush off the saddle marks! GRRRRRRRRR!!!

Why is it the mares with the thickest tails are the ones who have the runniest poops? Bronnie has the thickest flaxen tail, but it needs washing regularly (like every day if I had the time). I've modified my method by tying the clean hair into a knot and getting that held out of the way while I put the dirty stuff in a bucket of diluted shampoo to shift the crap and rinse it, then comb it out....... Would conditioner make it easier to clean? Or would it affect the insulation/weather beating properties of her tail? (She lives out as she is in foal).

Jen - Rolo and you have a love hate relationship is seems to me.....