UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Absolutely brilliant Clare and Loki looks so enthusiastic :wub: you have every reason to be a proud mummy :wink:

Maybe someday i'll be at that level :rolleyes:

Instructor is meant to phone me this week to arrange a lesson so im hoping i'll have one next Saturday.....yesterday was gorgeous and would have been lovely to have a lesson but hey ho.

Well done Clare and Loki, you're both growing so much all the time :thumbsup_still:

EAD you will be at that level one day! To this day I remember my first 'jumping' lesson (well, crosspoles!).

Vet has just been and not as bad as I'd feared. He drained the haematoma hence me now washing a fair amount of blood of my coat (would have been sensible to wear my old one :rolleyes: ) and suspects an ear infection. He said it was very rare in horses but I do like to be different! Duke was sedated so it was all done quietly and quickly and no trouble. Anitbiotics which means they're in for a treat of two feeds a day and repeat visit on Fri. The haematoma is likely to fill up again but as it's not a bother to Duke or me then that's no problem just as long as the underlying cause is all resolved.

Oh and the lump that the one vet said was an infected hair follicle last year is now a sarcoma according to this vet :laugh:

Guess a man can't keep his looks forever :wub: :wub: :wub:

I might have finally got my farrier woes sorted, one of the other girls on the yard was saying how fab her farrier is, and he's coming out to see hers this weekend, so she's going to ask if he'll do Blue whilst he is there :biggrin:

I know this might seem incredibly obvious and apologies if already done :flowers: but please ask your friend to phone her farrier and ask him in advance if he can do another as opposed to landing him with a, 'whilst your here' request when he arrives :). He'll be running to a schedule and fitting in an unexpected other will delay him for his next appointments.

Hope he is your woe resolution though, good farriers (good in all ways) are way too hard to find.

Easta would like Loki to know that he puts far too much effort in to his jumping and you don't have to give them that much height! :D

:laugh: I wish someone would tell him :rolleyes:

Glad the vet visit went well for Duke :flowers:

Fingers crossed for the lesson this week EAD :biggrin:

Hope the farrier situation works out Gooster :flowers:

Back to earth with a bump with morning, arrived at yard to find Loki standing on three legs waving his foreleg in the air. Somehow he has managed to rip the corner of his shoe off, he does this from time to time out in the field, but never before in his stable!

This time the nail was jutting out of his foot at a angle, I managed to get the nail out but he still does not want to put much weight on that foot. My farrier is miles away today and can't get down until tonight, so just waiting for 9am to call my vet :(

What amazing photos :wub:

Equus Exhibition

Stunning pics!

Lady T, Pops, Me & Auntie Reds have been out for a lovely hack this afternoon. Much needed 'get away from it all' time for all of us I think. It was wonderful and we discovered a very special place that made Auntie Reds get terribly excited. :wink:

Tara was very brave on the way home when she was overtaken by one of those horse eating monsters! (Tractor) She gave it a darned good staring at! And Auntie Reds was very brave when some cows tried to say hello! Pops went most of the way with a snack hanging out of his mouth!

Horsey peeps you need to move to Wiccaweys NOW!

OH MY WORD!!!!! One of the local bridlepaths - a very short road wide up a lane and through a seriously pretty village away - is not just miles and miles and miles and miles of wide level grassy track around farmers fields with loads of route variations and ways to turn. It's not just specifically made for horses as opposed to a gesture of some 'once was' unmaintained nobody really wants it to exist bridle track but it's a BLOOMIN CROSS COUNTRY COURSE TOO!!!!! :elefant: :cheer: :pinkie: :pinkie: :pinkie: Imagine a UK Chasers course and then imagine it being completely free right on your door step! Better still there is the full range of fences for confident horses (proper cross country fences not just a few bits of wood here and there) but also very low ones like you'd get on a mini xc course that you can literally just treat as trotting poles. A certain Mrs Wiccs went over them! :biggrin:

I was totally gobsmacked.

You can also do it as a through route and go back a different way to the way you came going via other bridlepaths, all properly signed and waymarked too. Duke would be in heaven although I suspect we would only ever be able to go at one speed, namely gallop, after his first time around :laugh:

Did I mention I was gobsmacked :unsure: UNbelievable!

Lady Tara (the horse wot I let Sarah pretend she owns :wink: ) and Pops were very good and rock solid in all the traffic, as was I. Come the field with young cows in however, a full field of cows mind, bullocks to be precise, all coming verrrrrry quickly towards us and all at once, and I was quivering like a Jelly! I demanded that Sarah follow my lead and PANIC but Mrs Wiccs was totally non-plussed and was the voice of reason and sense and sanity. Thank goodness one of us was. Teamwork it was, I'll not bat an eye to the traffic and Sarah'll not bat an eye to the massive herd of scary cattle :laugh: Walking my dogs in a field of cows bothers me not but being on the back of the horse turned into a great big wussy!

There is a suggestion of a 'Hooves and Boots' ride: a 'wellies and paws' for horses!

Duke's been rubbing his other ear now although I'm hoping it's simply because the antibiotics haven't had chance to get a grip of it yet. They only have one hard feed a day but are having to have two because of Duke's meds., = a field of big sloppy poos like they've just been turned out onto Spring grass. Hoping there'll be no new signs of rubbing in the morning. Today was the first day Squeaky started wearing rugs again so I am officially announcing it Winter :D

Very jealous of Wiccs hacking, sounds amazing, and I get the impression Reds is a bit impressed :laugh:

Hope Duke has stopped rubbing his other ear, and the antibiotics have kicked in now :flowers:

Vet is back out to Loki today, so any "allowed to go in field" vibes would be appreciated, as he is very bored and wound up having been in since Tuesday poor baby :wub:

Horsey peeps you need to move to Wiccaweys NOW!

OH MY WORD!!!!! One of the local bridlepaths - a very short road wide up a lane and through a seriously pretty village away - is not just miles and miles and miles and miles of wide level grassy track around farmers fields with loads of route variations and ways to turn. It's not just specifically made for horses as opposed to a gesture of some 'once was' unmaintained nobody really wants it to exist bridle track but it's a BLOOMIN CROSS COUNTRY COURSE TOO!!!!! :elefant: :cheer: :pinkie: :pinkie: :pinkie: Imagine a UK Chasers course and then imagine it being completely free right on your door step! Better still there is the full range of fences for confident horses (proper cross country fences not just a few bits of wood here and there) but also very low ones like you'd get on a mini xc course that you can literally just treat as trotting poles. A certain Mrs Wiccs went over them! :biggrin:

Did I mention I was gobsmacked :unsure:

There is a suggestion of a 'Hooves and Boots' ride: a 'wellies and paws' for horses!

Did you enjoy it then? And I thought you was bored ridged with the slow coaches! LOL! :laugh:

Sunday? :wink:

We had loads of fun on Wednesday!!! I am still beaming!

I can't believe you got me to go over those poles! I'm glad Tara knew what she was doing. "Are you sitting comfortably Mummy? Hold on tight, here we go!" I love the way she looks round at me with those knowing eyes before we do anything she thinks I am worried about. She does look after me so much, bless her. It was HUGE thing for me I'm afraid. I was so chuffed when we trotted over the poles as well as walking - I got a bit teary!! Sorry if I sound a bit silly to all the experienced folks. :)

We learnt loads more about Lady T, and her previous life to being with me. She knew exactly what the course was. LOL! "Mum, get off and let Auntie Lindsey on!" LOL! "Oh, it'll be the trotting poles again then will it?"

I definately think we will have to organise a 'Hooves and Boots' ride. Plenty of parking for boxes etc at Wiccs.