UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Regarding the fieldsafe headcollars, where is the velcro piece fitted, please? Does anyone have a photo showing this, please?

My fieldsafe does not have velcro but has rubber joins that snap when under pressure, it came with spare rubber rings that glue on as replacements.

This is the one Field Safe Headcollar

EAD is sounds like you have really nice varied lessons, hope you manage to squeeze another one in this week :biggrin:

Rolo looks great, I would have been left on the floor in a heap after that spook :laugh:

Private lesson went well, probably not something I would repeat again for a bit, but I know what I need to work on. The expectations of that type of instructor is a world away to what I am used to, but saying that the basics are exactly what my RI teaches so at least we know when are heading in the right direction.

He believes there is nothing physically wrong with Loki other than the way I am riding him :rolleyes: So now I have been kicked up the backside I shall try and sort it out :laugh:

Here are two videos of bits of the lesson, it is rather long and dull but for anyone who may be bored :D

Oh just read Jacky's post, glad Kane is back to himself, is he going to get a little brother or sister then :D

Jen I can't see video's!!! :( :(

Just picture huge bum leaping sideways then carreering off away from the camera :biggrin: He did work nicely the rest of the time - well , most of it!

So glad that Kane is back on form - have said it before and will say it again - moving yards is the best thing that has happened to both of you!

Your comment about the pony struck a chord - I rode around the fields yesterday (first time I have ridden in months) - on a tiny pony :laugh: He is probably about 12.2 - 13 hands - I was worried about crushing him, but we seemed to cope - and his owner said that I ride light - whatever that means - but am assuming it is a good thing! :laugh:

Like the sound of where you ride EAD - sounds like your are not at one of the "kick and pull" establishments :)

At least you got something out of the clinic Clare - and Loki went somewhere diofferent and did something different.

Can't view videos at work - will try later!

I've not been posting much recently but I have been keeping up with all your exploits (or trying to!!!) Sounds like everyone is very busy with their horses at the moment.

Really pleased Kane is back on form Jacky, I'm over in Anglesey Monday - Friday next week so I will give you a shout and see if you fancy a dog walk some time (and Kane snog if possible!!!)

Rolo is looking gorgeous, he moves beautifully (even when spooking!!!) but is so incredibly wide I can see why you have problems sitting on him.

Loki is also looking really well Claire, at least you got something from you lesson and know what to work on.

Glad everyone having lessons is getting on well and hope you get another lesson in EAD.

It has been all go with me and my 2 recently, I have sat on Will a few times now and surprise, surprise, he wasn't really bothered about that idea at all, a few bucks and leaps the first time I sat on him, and nothing since, I hacked him out a couple of times with a friend and he was doing really well. He then got a random case of swollen legs (after being in a new field for a couple of days), which went down again pretty quickly, but to be safe I have turned him away again for a couple of months and will get him back in again in September ish and start to teach him about contacts and going properly etc.

Apple has been going great recently, schooling very nicely and generally very happy in himself, which is great timing cos we have got the dressage regional finals on Sunday at novice and elementary so he will need to be on form to hopefully shine there and qualify us through to the nationals :wacko:

I took him to a farm ride near us on Saturday and he was really good - I've not taken him there before because he always used to be a nightmare - pulling, leaping and generally being pretty dangerous - but I got convinced to take him and he was fab, pretty strong, but mostly controllable, we only had 1 realy brake failure so not bad for him. Jumped loads of jumps and had a really good gallop for about 15 minutes in the middle. I was really impressed with the ride and will defo be going there a lot, it is exactly what Apple needs a lot of the time just to get the tickle out of his feet so he can concentrate on the dressage.

:biggrin: :biggrin: Will love to see you Katherine. You're welcome to come and jump Kane if you fancy it?

Will sounds a star!!! We definatley need some more pictures of him now he's a big boy!! :wub: :wub:

That ride sounds fantastic!!!

Edited by JACKYSIAN

I might take you up on that, although I am only just getting my confidence back with jumping so he will have to be super safe for me to try it!!!

I'll give you a bell when I know what days we are racing so I know when we can tire the dogs out - and you will get to meet my new dog!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: Will love to see you Katherine. You're welcome to come and jump Kane if you fancy it?

Will sounds a star!!! We definatley need some more pictures of him now he's a big boy!! :wub: :wub:

That ride sounds fantastic!!!

I got a new dog, he is a collie X whippet, about 12 months old. very friendly happy chap just lacking a bit of basic training (recall - what recall!!!) but fab in every other way. I got him just over a week ago and he has settled in great with the others. Hopefully he is going to be my next flyball dog to play with!!!

Forgot to say - he is called Roi!!!

Edited by Kimbas_mum

I'm sorry but I need to share again!!! I hacked out on the circuit last night...alone..no napping...no getting off other than to open the gates!! :biggrin: First time he's done the complete circuit without me getting nervous and turning around!! Also he decided he was enjoying himself so much we had to go on an adventure!! I was getting back on in the little foresty bit after opening a gate and he set off through the trees!!!! Couldn't stop giggling cos he was enjoying himself so much, his head high and looking at everything but theres me crouched over his neck avoiding the branches!!! I love my boy so very very much. :wub: :wub:

I'm sorry but I need to share again!!! I hacked out on the circuit last night...alone..no napping...no getting off other than to open the gates!! :biggrin: First time he's done the complete circuit without me getting nervous and turning around!! Also he decided he was enjoying himself so much we had to go on an adventure!! I was getting back on in the little foresty bit after opening a gate and he set off through the trees!!!! Couldn't stop giggling cos he was enjoying himself so much, his head high and looking at everything but theres me crouched over his neck avoiding the branches!!! I love my boy so very very much. :wub: :wub:

It's always come over how much you love your boy. But since you have moved there has been an extra spark. You seem really excited and extra joyous with everything that you do with him. (if that is possible)

It's always come over how much you love your boy. But since you have moved there has been an extra spark. You seem really excited and extra joyous with everything that you do with him. (if that is possible)

:biggrin: Thank you that's a lovely thing to say. :flowers: To be totally honest Kane has given me so much, without me even knowing at the time what I'd get from having a horse of my own. I've met so many lovely people, and enjoy my weekends and evenings so much. He's a damn nice person to be around, and a cheeky chappy!!! :laugh:

Oh and exciting news...my saddle will be here on thursday, although they made a mistake and have sent me the black one instead of the purple, I'm actually happy with that because the black one is actually alot more expensive so they've said they won't charge me!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: At least it means I won't be tempted to go and buy a matching purple bridle!!! :laugh:

Kane :wub: It is so lovely to hear you are both enjoying your new world :biggrin:

My fly rug saga continues, Loki has now tried on 6 fly rugs, none of which were generous enough in the shoulder. Luckily all but one went back and that one is now on ebay :rolleyes:

My only option left to try is the FAL rug, who normally do lovely rugs that fit him well Fal Fly Rug which is crazy expensive at £175 :huh:

I can not find it locally, as FAL are relocated their production overseas and are not working very well yet, the nearest place is 40 min drive, I have found it online for £157, but then if it didn't fit I would have to post it back. But really that is too much for a fly rug :(

I don't know what to do :unsure: :wacko: