UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Ahhh, but you get in for nothing on the Saturday if you pick up a Friday Ad the week before - they normally have "get in free" vouchers in there - you just pay parking - which, if you have a full car, works out to be very economical :)

I didn't spend a fortune in the shops either!

:GroupHug: Poor Feniks hope he's okay today.

Wow Clare...Loki has definately out grown the 2 foot jumps!!!! :laugh: I've managed to talk myself into some jumping lessons!!! I do love it and was asking Jayne if there were any lesson's planned, one of the other girls on the yard overheard and said she's teach me!! She's does alot of working hunter and SJ'ing so I'm more than happy for her to help me. (Plus it will be free cos she said she'd do it for nothing if I'd help her when she backs her youngster...sounds like a fair swap) :wink:

Had a fantastic weekend, spend saturday in the big field working on my show for next week!! I'm so scared!! He was abit nappy but nothing like normal, got abit bored so popped him over a couple of the very little xc jumps!! He then proceeded to show all that he was nerves of steel and shot up the bank....the wrong way round!!! :laugh: :ohmy:

Yesterday went for a 'little' hack with one of the other girls!! Ended up being out for nealy 5 hours and we went over the dual carriage way on a bridge ,over a train bridge, through the RAF base and passed the fighter planes (luckily they don't fly on a sunday)!!!! This is Kane who's only ever hacked out on quiet country lanes and beaches and her horse who was backed at 3...and only just bought into work at 8, she's only owned her 4 months and has acheived so much with her!!!! We were trying to get to the beach because Tess (the other horse) has never been on one before, she was abit nervous of the sand but as soon as she saw Kane was enjoying himself she joined in, even got her feet abit wet which was a major event for her!!!

We were absolutely shattered, ended up leading them back the last mile cos we just couldn't ride anymore!!! Kane seemed fine and perfectly happy!! I love my big lug, we were both saying how lucky we are to have such traffic safe horses!!!! :wub: :wub:

Jacky if that is a short hack what is a long one :laugh: Glad you found the sea, that makes your yard perfect now doesn't it :biggrin: Kane sounds as bombproof as you can get :wub:

Very restrained of you Bradders not to have a spending spree at Hickstead :laugh: Really enjoyed watching it on TV yesterday, Mondarin jumped two beautiful rounds in the derby.

Just realised it is Loki's gotcha day today!

Happy second gotcha day trouble :wub: :partytime: :circle: :partytime:

Hope Fenik's ok :GroupHug: My first horse was a red ribbon boy so know the panic and worry you get when there's someone behind their bum!

Well done Loki and his Mum, do you think he was getting too close to the ones he knocked down? I used to do those heights with Duke as he developed his feet troubles and couldn't manage the big fences anymore, he would just charge through the really small ones as it was as though it was hardly worth him making the effort! Put them up a few inches and hey presto he recognised them as jumps :rolleyes: Had to edit on here to blow a kiss to Loki, he is rather stunning!

Missed Hickstead :mad: Anyone remember the Hickstead place mats they used to have at Little Chef? I alsways had to sit in the spot with that one :laugh:

Jacky that sounds like a wonderful ride, the amount you two have done is fantastic! You should get into clear round xcountry days too if you can :wub: :wub:

Edited by reds

Do you think he was getting too close to the ones he knocked down?

I realised as I was going round that he knocks them down in front when I tip forward and put him on his forehand, everytime I thought of sitting back the canter improved and he snapped up in front. The last fence in the second round he got right underneath but as I was sitting back he didn't knock it. So he is going to teach me to sit straight the hard way :laugh:

Yes I remember the Hickstead place mats :biggrin:

Haven't I bored you with enough pics already :laugh:

Oh okay if you insist :D I love digging this photo up as I can't believe how much he has changed :wub:

This was him at the first viewing

First%20viewing.jpg

and yesterday.

I luff my boy :wub: :wub:

Warmup.jpg

Can't believe I missed that!!! Happy Gotcha Day beautiful Loki!!! :wub: :wub: Who would of thought Clare!! After all your confidence went through I bet you never expected to be doing all the fantastic stuff with him....and it's only just the start!!! You two are going to really go far together. :GroupHug:

Oh edited to add...I've just had to buy a show shirt....now there's something I NEVER expected to be doing!!! :biggrin:

Edited by JACKYSIAN

I'm absolutely shi**ing it!!!! :laugh: I can't remember what I'm suppose to do!! I just know he's going to nap!! I can't seem to keep him in canter either!! AND the field we do the show in is sloped and I don't do cantering down hill!! :laugh: :rolleyes: Apart from that I'll be fine!! :wacko: My friend is coming to ride him tonight for a lesson so I'm going to let her have a go! Also just heard the Kane look a like on the yard (but WAY more feather and holds himself beautifully) is also going in the same class so I don't stand a chance now!! :rolleyes:

Tut tut with that attitude young lady you will get nowhere :mad: :D :laugh:

Once he starts to strut his stuff the judge will be hooked, its all good experience for when you start the county shows anyhow :biggrin:

I can sympathise though, jumping I am not so bad, but dressage makes me ill from about two days before :flowers:

I am supposed to be doing a jumping derby on the 13th there will be much wibbling :laugh: