UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Sad fact :crying_anim:

The Shire goes tommorow

Happy fact :flowers:

Ive got a pure 1/4 horse and when he has a lovely home :crying_anim: I then have a pure bred Crabetts dressage stallion coming in :flowers:

I shall just say hello to certain people who quietly sloped over for a look on my site :bigtongpul:

Edited by Trallwm farm

So glad shire has found a home...spent alot of time working out if I could afford time/money for another horse and unfortunately after this weekend most definately can't!!! :(

Had a brilliant time, been off for 5 days and rode everyday!! :biggrin: My friend bought her beautiful little cob over for a 'holiday' (she keeps him with her other 2 youngsters so doesn't have anyone to ride with), and we planned lots of nice days out hacking! Turns out that Kane absolutely hated her horse so it wasn't quiet as pleasant as planned!!!

He was absolutely horrible to him! Don't know why he took such a dislike but he did!!!!!! Every opportunity Kane had he tried to bite or kick poor Donks! Luckily we managed to avoid any fights but it wasn't the nicest situation! I was so surprised cos Kane is usually so chilled out with other horses! Anyway, the one amazingly developement was Kane became brave!!! For the first time since I've been at Lynns Kane led out of the driveway!!! He usually naps and will only step out after Minty or Danny, but for some reason he was straight out and led the rides no problems!!! Very odd but at least I know he can do it now!!!

In an odd way it actually did my confidence a load of good him misbehaving!! On the 2nd day I'd decided I'd had enough messing and got on him with the attitude that I was in charge! Maybe that's what he needs, a strong dominate mum!!!! :laugh: It has reinforced that Kane is still a work in progress and until the day comes that I feel he's achieved all his potential then I'm a 1 horse woman. I do adore the big lug though, and like my friend said I'd be bored if I had a nice quiet plod!!! :laugh:

Hi all your horse-lovers

Just been looking through some old photo's and found one of me in my pink peddle-pushers and my pony Dusty, just thought you might all like a good laff bearing in mind this was taken 20 years ago :biggrin: Wished I still had one as they were probably the happiest years of my life!

dusty.jpg

dusty.jpg

I love it!!!! :biggrin: You were obviously told to 'Sit up straight' while they took the picture!! What a beautiful pony Dusty was!! :wub: You are never too old to get back into it...I restarted riding again at 30 and got Kane (my very first all my own bought and paid for) horse at 35! :wink: Now Jayne has got Blue we need another project!!! :laugh:

BTW Jacky, those bits of old rug that you have lying around waiting to go to my house.... are they getting impatient sitting in the bags? :sleep:

OMG!!! I completely forgot!!!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: Sorry!! I'll dig them out! Will have to wait til pay day to send them but thats only next week!! I'm so forgetful!!! :rolleyes:

Wanda had her blood test yesterday, now have to wait for the result, probably Friday. Sam hacked her on Monday in pouring rain, (she's mad) and said Wanda was much more cheerful so that's a good sign after her constant Eeyore impressions!

Dusty picture is lovely, do we feel a horse hunting saga coming on? :biggrin: