UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Life, The Universe & Everything Else

Yantan

No worries Owl, you didn't at all! One noticeable thing though was the very different accents of you and your friend...you sounded quite the lady, she not so much!

My friend has kept her Northants accent. My accent is quite inappropriate but that was the way I was made to speak when young, when a regional accent was a career disadvantage. I would really like to change it as some people think I am stuck up and getting above myself, but I don't think I can.

Fly free, Ted xx

Both kitty cats are staying close tonight. Last night they both slept in the crook of my knee with their head and paw on my leg. They have been sleeping on the radiator recently, so they must have known that mummy needed cuddles.

Owl - my new addition is a little ginger kitten. One of my friends is a vet and he is part of a stray litter. Hes 2 weeks old at the moment, so will be ready to come home Once the christmas tree has been taken down :laugh: Walter and Jessie have been so good with the Christmas tree this year. At least I get one year without the tree being terrorised!

• Like 2

Owl, I wouldn't consider changing your accent even if you can..if people judge you just by the way you speak, they are too stupid to bother with anyway. I speak from experience, my mother was ultra well spoken and whilst I lived at home and attended Grammar school so was I. I have toned it down, but I'm still told I'm posh and stuck up by Northeners, and sound Northern by Southeners, you can't win. If people really annoy me I have a secret weapon, I know some Greek swear words so I mutter them as I stroll off (with my nose in the air, of course!)

Well I have a Cumbrian accent and often talk to family and friends in broad dialect. I come from a very long line of Cumbrians and I am proud of it. If people don't like my accent they can naff orf. Owl I have met you and can attest you are not the least bit stuck up. I like your accent.

Jayne I lit a candle this morning and it's been burning all day in Ted's memory. :wub_anim:

I'm glad you like gingers Jazz as I am one :laugh: My Celie pussprat was a ginger. I loved her to bits even though she was a complete diva. I was in on the rescue that brought her in when she was a 4 week old kitten living on a river bank with her mother and litter mates. How she would have ever lived as a feral cat I couldn't imagine. Her idea of hunting was to deafen her prey to death by shouting at them :rolleyes_anim: :wub_anim:

Archie loves the Edgard Cooper food that I initially won on Instagram. I have just taken delivery of our second order. I was most impressed as I only ordered it yesterday afternoon and it was delivered here at lunchtime. It doesn't seem to set his acid reflux off and I've never seen him eat anything with such gusto. My S-in-L got in touch with them about Taz's tummy problem as, despite trying all sorts including a BARF diet, he is still loosing weight and the vets just say all tests show nothing abnormal. Edgard Cooper have sent her free samples.

sat sitting here last night when I got a message asking if the rescue can take 2 dogs, from different homes, so that's sorted. ones a tiny blind yorkie, corrr

one is being picked up today, got to get hold of the other lady. I used to do this all the time and loved it

the fosters are going tomorrow. buddy was daft enough to have a go at mouse, she sorted him out. hope that taught him a lesson

Apparently, i sound cockney when sober...lord knows where that has come from but everyone always says it and have said it since i was tiny and when i am well...hmmm lets say merry Lol, i go brummie from my years working with the boys at work Lol....drives Steve crackers but he always knows when i am smashed Lol. I don't mind how people sound, i do struggle with accents sometimes but Yantan, i would give anything to hear my nan and aunty tessies cumbrian accent again

Jayne, how you doing today??

• Like 1

I always remember hiding in the back office when a particular bloke came into the showrooms where I worked many years ago. He had a strong Northern Irish accent and a speech impediment and I just couldn't understand a word he said, I got so embarrassed saying Sorry, what? all the time so I took the cowards way out and left my colleague to deal with him.

• Like 1

Noo then Griff hewsts tha ga'an on marra. Hasta ah ivver sin a cuddy lowp a five bar yat? Can't add the accent on here but I can give you some of the words LOL!

Ruby's place has told them to bugger off home at 3.30pm today to start their Christmas holiday early. They were supposed to work as normal until tomorrow at mid-day - their usual finish time on a Friday - so that's nice.

I've delivered all the presents that need delivered. Have sent all the cards I am going to send (not many now as I prefer to give a donation to an animal charity) and have just finished the Tesco online shopping being delivered on Saturday. So I'm all ready for Father Christmas :)

Oh and I won a lovely dog book on Twitter on a give-away so I'm chuffed about that. They've posted it to me today, it would be nice if I got it before Xmas.

How is every one else's Christmas planning going? Or just life in general?

• Like 1