UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well done Vonny :cheer: :cheer:

I was at the hospital for an appointment yesterday, and in the year since I was referred there I've put on nearly a stone :unsure: Not all bad, as I was underweight (by BMI reckoning) to begin with, but I'd much rather have done it through healthy eating and exercise. I'm 5'4" and 8st 4lb at the moment - I'd like to be replacing some fat with muscle soon. C25K is on hold at the moment - After a 4 day migraine that has just ended, I need to be migraine free for a couple of days before I do anything too strenuous, so fingers crossed I'll be back to week 2 on Sunday. I'm looking at stuff I can do at home that is not too strenuous, to do on rest days and when my head is playing up.

My exercise music atm is Black Stone Cherry and Everclear. Not through choice - more through not knowing how to use my phone and those being the ones at the start of some playlist I seem to have accidently created :confused:

For when you don't feel up to much can you drop back to less strenuous weeks (or drop back and reduce them).

Otherwise what kind of activities would you feel up to doing at home? Would Sit-ups and things maybe be with weights be an option for training?

I passed my bronze belly dancing exam!! It's really weird as now I will be able to dance the dance with less nerves! The First time is always the worst, and that was for the exam for this dance!!

I keep meaning To stand on the pay and weigh scales, but keep forgetting :-)

xx

• Like 1

Well done Murtle :biggrin:

I was in the same boat as you Sophie about 4 years ago, only weighed 7 stone. Despite being pretty active with the horse, I went up to 10 stone, which for my height I felt was too heavy. That is why I joined the gym to try and lose the excess fat I had put on.

Saw Mr G last night, wasn't expecting to see him, so was a bit surprised when he came into the gym whilst I was on the cross trainer. Now his shifts are changing, he is going to be doing Tuesday nights and Saturday and Sunday. It was his last tone and shape class on Wednesday and I couldn't go as I was working :angry: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I am now 9,7 on my wii fit , just before I joined the gym in September 2012 my weight was 10.7

I am due to get weighed at the gym next week which tells me % of body fat / muscle which is more important to know now

well done on passing your exam Murtle :)

Last night I had a spare hour in the evening and went to the gym for a 3km run ! Its like invasion of the body snatchers as even I don't know who this mad running squirrel is !

well done Sam! The gym just becomes an addiction doesn't it?! You find yourself going to the gym just to get your fix :laugh:

Just done core workout with Ryan. Not done one of his classes before, it was mega hard. Only 5 mins in (after the warm up), we had done a hollowman for 1min 30 and various plank things. I am already feeling like someone has beaten me up, so am guessing I will feel it even more tomorrow :laugh:

I know! After we had done that, we had to rock climbers for 30 secs then back to plank for 10 secs, then superman for 30 secs, then back to plank for 30 secs, then diagonal rock climbers for 30 secs, then back to plank, then 30 secs of plank star jumps, then hold the plank for 30 seconds. The class was pure EVIL! Wish it had been Mr G who was doing it (he was working, but let Ryan take the class).

Spoke to Mr Grumpy today. He was chatting about his fitball class and saying he may let Mr G have it :biggrin: I really hope he does, as fitball + Mr G is my ideal class :laugh: :rolleyes: He was also saying they may be putting fitball on a Monday night instead of my core workout class. Deejay who works on a Monday hates fitball, so I imagine she will be cursing me, as I suggested it to James who sorts the timetable :laugh: :unsure:

Anyway, Mr Grumpy is back with his ex GF now, so nothing will happen there now :)

Well done Sam :biggrin:

I was running on the treadmill the other day when my shin started hurting again, so have gone back to walking for a while :rolleyes: Today I only did 20 mins on cross trainer (evil mode) and 30 mins on the bike. Twas Mr Grumpy's fault because he came over to talk to me whilst I was on the bike, so I did longer on the bike than normal and then didn't have time to do treadmill or weights :laugh:

They do shake things up at the gym every 3 months, but usually the staff rotas stay the same. This time staff rotas are changing as well as some of the classes. They are starting a burlesque class on a Saturday morning as well :laugh:

Bar blast this morning wasn't nearly as unpleasant as I remembered it being :) It wasn't easy by any stretch or the imagination, but it wasn't as horrible as last time :)

Have also ridden Blue today, one of my friends came to see Blue, so I warmed him up, then she got on him and we went for a hack, with me on foot and her on Blue - we were out for ages, so that compensates for the fact I only did my class today and nothing in the gym.

Got 2 classes tomorrow - core workout and fitball :biggrin: