UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Have been chatting to Mr G today about reaching my target weight, and he was asking what my next goal is. Whilst I have lost weight, I still think my thighs and bum need toning. So he said he would write me a program to do once a week just focussed on my legs and bum :) He will have it done for Tuesday - I could live to regret this, but my plan is to do it on a Friday night after I have ridden Blue, as I do tend to just do bits of things on a Friday. So if I have a written program of things to do, it will make my Friday a bit more productive :)

I have found out how to make my evil abs class less evil :) I usually just use 1 mat, but tend to find that when I am planking, the mat slides all over the place. Anyway, today I used 2 and problem solved :biggrin: Made the whole act of planking much easier :laugh:

There was a bloke in the class today, who looked really fit (think triathlon athlete kind of build), well he left the class bright red and dripping with sweat. Whereas I was my normal slightly red self :) There were 2 blokes outside the dance studio doing weights and they commented on how red and sweaty this bloke was. I reckon the weightlifters have no idea how hard the classes can be :laugh:

Did a 10k (6 miles)run yesterday and a 6.3 mile today, I am knackered and desperately trying to get rid of this ick illness.

Well done in your ab class. Our ab instructor got lots of the weight lifters in his class once to show them and it was a real equaliser class as we all struggled! Our ab instructor is incredibly fit,toned and lots of muscles ( he also does Latin dance!). There is still a hardcore group that attend! Sadly I often miss it due to the time it is on!

Well done on the running :) Make sure you look after yourself though to let your body shake the lurgy :)

I haven't ran on the treadmill since Friday - I won't run if anyone will be watching me as I don't want to fall off and make a wally of myself :laugh:

I am going to try and make the Tuesday abs class a regular thing. Have booked a lesson in on Blue for 11am on a Tuesday, which fits in nicely with the abs class (which is 9.45-10.15). Next week though I can't do the Tuesday class as am having my hair cut, so am braving Ryan's even more evil 45 min class on the Friday morning :laugh:

Am also going to give cycle blast a go in a couple of weeks - Matt asked me today why I don't do it, so I said I would give it a go (it's straight after fitball on a Tuesday). He told me not to bother next week though as he is getting a bathroom fitted so has next Tuesday off - I suspect he just wants a laugh at me being useless in a class (which I think I will be, as it sounds hard), but I'll give it a go :)

Today I have done tone and shape this morning, with aqua box after work with a couple of girls from the farm. Thankfully there wasn't too much abs work in tone and shape this morning, since I feel like I have been attacked with a crowbar in the abs region today :laugh: I had better have a six pack by the time my holiday comes around if I do that abs class on a regular basis :laugh: :rolleyes:

Aqua box was good fun again, it was good to do it with friends, instead of on my own :)

Mary look after your self

Jayne well done on nailing those planks with double mats , why not suggest to über fit guy he do the same next time ? Starts a conversation and you never know where that might lead.........

So I am back in Sri Lanka and yesterday I started a 90 day home circuit program. It's been a month since I did anything like that with all the traveling and Lordy are my thighs aching today !

It's a 15 DVD system where you work upper body on day 1 & 3 , lower body 2 & 4 and cardio 4 & 6

Every 2 weeks the DVDs change so it gets harder over time ,

Sounds like hard work Sam, you must have some motivation to do the DVD in the heat of Sri Lanka :)

I will see if marathon runner athlete bloke goes again, I am not at the class on Tuesday as I am getting my hair done, but if I see him again I may suggest it to him. It definitely made a difference - especially in the planks where you do Spiderman etc.

Legs today, did lots of squats and other nice leg things today after I had ridden Blue for an hour :)

My legs are still killing me after all the squats ! It's amazing how a shortish break ( 4 weeks ) has made all my muscles forget we used to do this regularly !!

We do our workouts here early morning before the humidity and hear build up , there is no way I could work between 9 and 6 and I do have a ceiling fan on and a lot less gym kit than I would in the UK !

Well done Sam they will remember and the best part is, is that you aren't starting from where you did originally!!

Did hill sessions on Thursday, harder in the light, with wind and rain than in the winter when tou can't see the hills so much!!

Off for a slow park run. But not doing a 10k this weekend so will relax and recover!

Well done on your abs class Jayne, I like Sam's suggestion on talking to uber fit man ;-) x

Well done on your circuits!! I like your tip and if we ever have a heat wave I will enact it! Currently we have rain again :-(

However, today I have run, danced and done Pilates! I am now waiting for my dinner :)

xxx

Did work out at 7.30 and its much cooler today as we have had a lot of rain so that helped a lot

Muscles have remembered we know this stuff and are okay again :)

Tomorrow I have to workout at 6 am as I have to leave here at 7am for a 100 km round trip to get essential supplies including snake anti venom !

• Like 1

Glad your muscles have remembered what to do Sam :) 6am workout is definite dedication - here is me trying to decide whether to get up and do cycle blast on Wednesday morning at 6.45 as I am working 9-4 and then have a course from 6-9, so a morning workout is the only way I will get to the gym on Wednesday. If I just do cardio though, I can stay in bed till 7am!

Definitely feeling yesterdays workout in my bum muscles today - just walked the dogs and every step up hill I could feel them aching a bit :laugh:

Have done Tone and Shape as well as fitball tonight. Tone and shape was a lot harder than the Wednesday one I usually do - didn't help that I picked a 7kg bar instead of my usual 6kg one :laugh: If I am not aching tomorrow I will be amazed :laugh: Deejay asked me to demonstrate the pikes again but I fell off the ball this time whilst demonstrating them :laugh: