UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Agility Brags

kirisox

Got an agility brag, either from a show or from training? If so, add it here and bask in the glory

There will be a new thread for brags each month, previous brags have been split into monthly thread and can be found in the topic list

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dudley was the greatest dog at Supadogs last week.

He didn't bite me once in the rings and got 11 clear rounds, unfortuately we didn't get any placings but I don't care 11 clears has got to be something to shout about especially as it's half the amount in one week than he got in the whole of last year.

Wow, well done Dizzycharm, and at Thames too! Apparently it's the biggest weekend show this year, so way to go!!!

Well done Tealeaf and Kerrio, glad you're enjoying your agility- that's def the secret whatever level you do, and def why I do it ( oh and escaping from home with just the dogs for a week at a time :laugh: )

Levi got his first clear round in Intermediate at Thames :wub: , despite my rubbish handling :rolleyes: .

this weekend we were at RVA. it was my first show camping and also the first show i would be doing Novice (arrg!). on friday we got 10 faults in the first class which was starters agility which is good for him as he normally argues and get eliminated in his first runs of the day. then we had novice jumping which was a really difficult course according to the more experience in the queue with me. some how, and i still cant believe it..he went clear!

saturday was even better. clear in the starters jumping although quite slow as i wanted to make sure he got his contacts and then the dreaded tunnel vison. i thought it would be easy when i entered it but did i get a shock! out of the whole class, only about 25 went clear, it was so difficult. again he supprised me by paying attention and going clear! again not very fast as we had a bit of an argument. i looked at the time sheets after and we were 1 sec of the placings in both classes we went clear in.

final day and another starters agility, this time i tried to push him a little bit on the dog walk to go a bit faster. another clear and he came 7th! i was so shocked i almost swore when they read my name out.

so thank you big dudley for being such a good boy!

Well done you and big Dudley. How did you like your first camping experience. Mines the weekend of the 15th July and for some reason I'm really nervous :biggrin:

Little Dudley was a very good boy at the weekend and got 3 clear rounds, on Saturday he would have been 13th in the Nov Jumping and 8th in the Starters jumping but the only placed to 10th and 5th and yesterday I thought he was in the placing but the scorer had got her marker in the wrong place, he would have been 11th but the only placed to 10th. so close so lets hope the weather is cooler next weekend so I can get an extra second out of him :D

Suzi was such a good girl too which is my biggest achievement. She only got emlimated in 3 out of 6 classes and only got 10 faults in he starters agility yesterday BUT she has taken to leaping off her contacts so more work needed I think.

camping was fine. i bought 3 windbreaks as fencing but i need to get one more as couldnt get fencing all round the car so my jrt could get out. make sure you have a chair and the means to make tea! i did enjoy camping, i thought i would get more sleep than driving to a show but the walk area was mainly parking so had to be out at 7 to walk everyone.it was nice not to have to drive home at the end of the day though. my next camping is uka next month then uka nats and aylesbury in aug

I got my first ever clear round on Sunday at the Isle of Man in Open Jumping! The handling was awful but we wont talk about that! haha

Also got a 6th in starters jumping and a 3rd in starters agility at the Isle of Man!

Very very happy with Poppy!! :)

- Teresa

Edited by sandymoss