UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Agility Brags

kirisox

collage.jpg

Missy has been training properly for 6 weeks now, following a break of 3 years after training initially for about 6 months. She's the ESS, the other two are her bf - Cree (but he's only her bf because he can run faster than her and doesn't get snapped at) and Red, the trainers old dog whose arthritic, but still likes a little run at the end of class.

She's just done her first off lead weaves in both directions, and has been seen sneaking back and doing them by herself when I wasn't looking (I do know this is disqualification in the ring, but I'm not 'built' for agilty myself, so I doubt we'll be competing)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my first ever clear round on Sunday at the Isle of Man in Open Jumping! The handling was awful but we wont talk about that! haha

Also got a 6th in starters jumping and a 3rd in starters agility at the Isle of Man!

Very very happy with Poppy!! :)

- Teresa

Brilliant.

See - I told you going to the IOM was risky.

3rd isn't far off 1st and a win out of Starters forever.

You do realise you're out of Elementary now, don't you?

You'll have to be careful at Ramsey.

OK, my "brags".

Little Eddie (stubborn little git of a terrier) actually got round 2 courses on Saturday without being E'd (a 5 and a 10), also without putting his nose down and eating sheep/deer/rabbit muck.

Amazing since it was at Tatton Park which always has "delicacies" in the ring.

I even got Ross round 2 courses without being E'd (2 5s). I don't run him any more because we just didn't gel, but my daughter was on crutches.

I chickened out of running Hazel in the Medium Champ class for her. Hazel was absolutely crazy in her first class and then it got very hot, which she hates.

Pam

Edited by mum24dog

Brilliant.

See - I told you going to the IOM was risky.

3rd isn't far off 1st and a win out of Starters forever.

You do realise you're out of Elementary now, don't you?

You'll have to be careful at Ramsey.

im really happy with how she did, and yep i do realise im out of elementary... but i aint bothered... Poppy and I can handle it.

wouldnt really call the IOM risky... i thought it was a lovely friendly show and it did great things for mine and poppys confidence.

well done. what show was it at?

big dudley was a sh*t at watford but was much better at bretons today getting a 15th in starters jumping and a clear round a really tough novice jumping course that id missed walking! arg! did a nice starters agility but i was late with commands so he overshot the dog walk. having been awful with his weaves yesterday, they were really solid today so thats good. uka next..

did you see the evil novice courses? i only did the novice jumping but my friend did the agility. awful, pull throughs and snake lines the lot! i wouldnt mind doing snake lines if there wastn 5m between each jump! i dunno, maybe novice is just like that and i didnt realise, only done 4.

Sorry, didn't really look at them, but did glimpse the novice jumping in ring 3 which looked challenging but still a novice that I would have enjoyed :) Agility really is horses for courses, one man's meat is another man's poison!

I would like to say a big well done to Carly who having only had one clear round previously at Pawsability level and having been eliminated out of all the other competitions we have entered had a stonking weekend at EMDAC and achieved the following.

Saturday:

Introductory Jumping - CLEAR

Introductory Agility - CLEAR (4th Place)

Sunday:

Introductory Jumping - CLEAR (12th Place)

Introductory Agility - (5 FAULTS)

Introductory Clockwork Tunnels - CLEAR (12th Place)

I would like to think it was the handler, but in fact I think it was despite the handler!

Sorry, didn't really look at them, but did glimpse the novice jumping in ring 3 which looked challenging but still a novice that I would have enjoyed :) Agility really is horses for courses, one man's meat is another man's poison!

no, thats not to say i didnt enjoy it. it was only my 4th novice and the difference in difficulty has been immence. i really like a challenge, more so when i get a chance to walk it!