UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

When Things Go Wrong.....with Your Body!

tegk68

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it now healed?

I once had one bite me through my fingernail which split in two, and crushed the entire of the bone in the top third of my hand. I still feel bits of bone floating about in the winter time when it is cold and they are feeling alone and missing their former "entire bone" status :(

Sadly Theresa, it has now healed, so no daily update thread I'm afraid :(

It would have been boring anyway,..it was covered for months by splints and springy tension thingies (all to little avail, 'cause I have very little feeling or movement in any of it).

It's actually a damn nuisance 'cause it just sticks out and gets in the way.

(It's not even any good for picking your nose)!

There is talk of removing it if it remains the same ('cause it's actually quite dangerous....I cut it , burn it, and catch it in doors and things, and don't feel anything).

If it does come off, of course I shall be taking my camera with me! :biggrin:

Sadly Theresa, it has now healed, so no daily update thread I'm afraid :(

It would have been boring anyway,..it was covered for months by splints and springy tension thingies (all to little avail, 'cause I have very little feeling or movement in any of it).

It's actually a damn nuisance 'cause it just sticks out and gets in the way.

(It's not even any good for picking your nose)!

There is talk of removing it if it remains the same ('cause it's actually quite dangerous....I cut it , burn it, and catch it in doors and things, and don't feel anything).

If it does come off, of course I shall be taking my camera with me! :biggrin:

Gosh sorry to hear it took so long to heal :(

Best of luck if you do end up having it removed :flowers:

Hello

I have Cholesteatoma (it killed Oscar Wilde, makes me feel soo much happier knowing that) and I'm having a radical laser mastoidectomy and cartilage graft tympanoplasty on my left ear on June 12th.

Lots of lovely photos here http://www.entkent.com/cholesteatoma.html

:wacko:

My ear has been sown back the right way up..........Yay!

Actually they didn't cut it off, they made an incision inside the ear canal and peeled it back :ohmy:

All the bad stuff has been cut out and I now have a new ear drum made from my own cartiledge..... and I've just started to hear again :)

;-)

[quote name='dognabbit' date='Jun 20 2008, 11:50 AM' post='715240'

All the bad stuff has been cut out and I now have a new ear drum made from my own cartiledge..... and I've just started to hear again :)

That's really great news :biggrin:

.......but where are the piccies? :unsure:

Actually they didn't cut it off, they made an incision inside the ear canal and peeled it back :ohmy:

Kaos beat me to it, but come on..... pictures??

Glad you're starting to hear again. You can't hide behind that old "you never told me" excuse anymore, though :D

Remembered this thread when my nephew came round today.

He had an op on Tuesday to fix his teeth, one of his front teeth wont come through, so they had to open his gum up and stick a chain into it, and onto the tooth to help pull it down, dunno how it works, but it does apparantly.

i was just interested in seeing the outcome and getting a pic :D

3153.jpg