UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jan 24

Jazz

Been bitterly cold today so have not ventured further than the bird feeders.

Been reading about Dogs on the Street in Essex.  ( DOTS)

An organisation who help the homeless with dogs. Volunteers  go out at night to give  help and vet treatment to the dogs of the homeless.  They have a sanctuary where they look after the dogs of the homeless who  have to go into hospital and the dogs of those who have to go into hostels during the very cold weather but cannot take their dogs with them.

An admirable thing to do.

Settling down  now to watch next instalment of the Traitors.

Yes, I have heard of DOTS, they are brilliant. A few similar groups are around in the cities.

Hope chest infection clears soon, Jazz.

Busy week helping to get the word around, senior spaniel on the run on our reserve. Thankfully picked up by a farmer last night, who found her in a cattle trough, took her home to warm up and feed, returned her home this morning. Last weekend also manic, Trevor and I recovered a deceased Patterdale on Saturday night which was obviously rta and killed instantly. Chipped but chip not registered, took to vet to follow up. Spent Sunday and Monday going round farmers and gamekeepers, dog not known to them and believed to belong to poachers. Very sad. 

did 2 live sales yesterday, did well. chest infection isnt fun. but its half price electric today so beds stripped ready. got to do totals and pack the stuff. no rest for the wicked, or me lol

how are you all?

• Like 1

Some blue sky and white fluffy coulds so bedding out on line. Probably won't dry but will get some fresh air.

I also get half price electric this afternoon so the rest will go in the tumble drier.

Carrot and coriander soup in the making.

Had a birthday dinner last - very nice.  Now to get back to more healthy eating after Christmas and New year.