UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September 23

Jazz

Good morning, all ok here, might wander up to the classic car show on village playing field before it gets too hot.  I had put the electric fans away, thought they wouldn't be needed again this year.  Alpine strawberries have started to flower and fruit again.

I am renewing the roughcast on my house. it was due to be done sometime in September

The roughcaster phoned on Saturday to ask if he could come on Monday as he had had a cancellation so had a spot to fill.  Suit me. 

So it will be done next week. The forecast for next week is dry and sunny  so hopefully they are correct.

I have watered the pot plants as the storage reel  will be removed  from  the fence that  he needs to remove to get access to the end of the house. The Fence is slightly inside the boundary. , and cleared the back of the house of table, chairs etc. 

Take away niht with the family tonight.

• Like 1

Managed to stay reasonably cool today but we have 5 scorching days ahead. Tour of Britain cycle race coming through our village tomorrow. They will be sweltering. I'm not going to join the crush on the pavement but will head to the church which is on a hill, should get something of a view from there.

Who are the bikes for- you?

Haar this morning but sun breaking through now. 

Packing up a parcel to send to a charity that delivers to Ukraine.   They collect almost anything that canbe of use and supply to orphanages , rescues, hospitals anf front line soldiers.  There is so little available in Ukraine, even baby food is scarce.

Volunteers  deliver lorry loads each month to different parts.  Last month they delivered two buses full of aid and also donated the buses.

It is a sad world we live in just now.