UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August 23

owl

Out in the fields this afternoon, still searching for missing greyhound. Lots of woodpigeons, and her mum thinks she could certainly catch them.  Fin was disgusted with me for keeping him on lead, he would certainly have scoffed one.

Good morning all. Blowing a gale here in N Notts. My friend who is in a team rowing across the Irish Sea for charity will be disappointed.  They have had to turn back to Anglesey after getting a third of the way to IOM. I have been tracking their progress on a map. Making no headway due to storm. They must be shattered.

Good to hear you're still involved in finding lost dogs Owl. Nice day here so will try and spend some time in the garden, lots of dead heading to do, and I can just about manage that. You won't know, but Cooper has lymphoma and is now on borrowed time.So we will potter round the garden  together  enjoying the sunshine like two old crocks lol

3 hours ago, eve said:

Good to hear you're still involved in finding lost dogs Owl. Nice day here so will try and spend some time in the garden, lots of dead heading to do, and I can just about manage that. You won't know, but Cooper has lymphoma and is now on borrowed time.So we will potter round the garden  together  enjoying the sunshine like two old crocks lol

I am so sorry to hear that, enjoy your pottering and some quality time x

Being something of an old crock myself. I am not very active on dog searches but keep an eye on the local ones, and as Fin likes a walk of about an hour everyday we usually take it either on the reserve, or somewhere there is a dog on the run.

Turns out that the rowing team were towed back to Anglesey by RNLI. One of the team was washed overboard and hauled back by the others, at which point they requested help. She is being released from hospital today. They have continued to Belfast by ferry.

Weather is a bit unsettled for rowing anywhere but they will be disappointed.

I am busy with my foster. His behaviour is like a teenage yob when he is outside. In the house he is a model dog unless there is food around.

It is very warm and  muggy here. Thunder has been forecast for the last three days but it hasn't materialised so far.