UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

january 23

Jazz

All we know is that he is not chipped, seems about 9 years old, his crappy specimen of an owner put him on Instagram saying he could not be bothered with him and unless anyone wanted him he was going to kill him! A good woman rushed straight there and collected him, and took him to breed rescue. He seems very friendly and sociable with dogs and humans of all ages. How long that guy had him we do not know. 

Border terrier! My lovely friend, who was with me and Wispa when the vet came, runs a breed rescue for them not far away. I told her I could help with emergency foster, and then this chap arrived who is unusually sociable with other dogs of both sexes as well as being good with people. She thinks he would get on with me, she knows I need a more placid dog for a change. I would not normally think of a BT as a permanent companion as some of them can be right little scrappers. But this one seems to be easy going. We will see what happens on Saturday. 

I have known two people who had border terriers and both were super little dogs. 

One was unreliable other dogs but it was because he approached then didn't know how to get out of the situation. Once he was taught that he could walk away he was fine.

It is surprising but some dogs do not know how to walk away from another dog., so panic and attack.

Murphy, my retriever/collie  was like that but once taught he was fine.

Borders are one of the few small dogs i would consider.

• Like 1

I havent had a border. might foster for someone else but as long as they have the right dog I dont mind who

Yesterday, scan of my eyes showed holes in the macula which might not be able to fix, but going to laser the cataracts which might help. could end up with bad vision but just hope she can stop it getting worse