UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

january 23

Jazz

Poor DIL, hope she is recovering ok.

Electricity still ok as we are still hooked up to another circuit, parked there while they sort ours out. I need to talk with them tomorrow, find out what they are doing, as there may be outages when they put us back on the right one. Gas engineer wants to replace the leaky filter on my boiler asap, but I need to make sure they aren't likely to be reattaching us to our proper supply when he is here. If the electric keeps going on and off he will not be a happy bunny.

Been a quiet year so far.

Posted a parcel and did a small shop then went to library.  Dry and sunny but  very cold wind.

Have a hospital appointment tomorrow for the removal of a lesion on my cheek. It is only a local aneasthetic so just 45 minutes..Have gone private to avoid l o n g wait for NHS.

Primary schools here are on strike tomorrow so my son is working from home as well as  looking after my grandson and taking me to hospital.

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

How is this year for all of you? something has gone wrong every day so far. Can I have a different year please? preferably 1973 lol

Oh not 1973, was manic for me. Had to move lodgings to avoid lecherous landlord downstairs, and then again because the next one suddenly announced a rule that I could only have white visitors.  He had not said anything when I moved in as he assumed I would not associate with people of colour! This was in practice illegal but when landlord lived next door he could get very nasty. Could hardly tell my Anglo-Bangladeshi best friend that she was banned from the house, so 2 house moves in a year.

Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow, blackmagic 

Our electricity now sorted, all repairs done.

My life changed in 73 when we moved down here. Hated it. bullied at school and home. had my own key at 7. should have said I wanted to come back and live with my brother, but didnt want to upset mother

got 3 parcels coming today. tracking the first one. it shows hes 40 minutes away, but will be here in 10 minutes. must be a big flying carpet with all them parcels

as a kid, the neighbourhood was a community. I was always doing the route of houses to get a tea or coffee. We had a family from Jamacia. lovely family. Mother became god mother to their son. When the youngest went to seniors, she was the only black kid in the school, but not bullied. Big difference these days

• Like 1

doing alright, thanks. It is well covered with a dressing so no idea what i the scar looks like.

It has been bleeding during the night , probably caused by putting pressure on it by lying on it.

It was stinging slightly yesterday but fine today.

My cheek is slightly swollen. That and the dressing being right up to my eye mean I keep wanting to brush something away from my eye and my specs can't sit properly.

Stitches out in a week.

Today is my birthday. I had a 'birthday' meal with the family last night and  went out for breakfast with my DIL this morning.  I had a lovely meal at Frankie  and Benny's. I had french toast with mixed berries and fruit, topped with some yoghourt.

• Like 1