UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

january 23

Jazz

Sorry I went AWOL. Power cut from noon yesterday until 9.30 pm. Wispa got into a state as she can do if her routine is disturbed. She thought I had lost the plot, putting a fleece coat on her indoors instead of simply turning on the halogen heater. Then putting 3 blankets over her. Luckily her big sulk turned into a deep sleep until everything came back on. Fishtank was a problem, not so much the heat as I put insulating material around the tank, but the filtration and lack of aeration. They were ok once the filters and air bubblers got going again. I had let my phone get low which was a worry. Today I got a power bank for it so that is sorted for the future. Not so good is the fact that a picnic stove bought a year ago and never used does not seem to work. Trevor is going to look at it for me tomorrow as he has done lots of camping so hopefully may work out what I am doing wrong. Engineers are down the road working round the clock as the fault is not sorted. They just hooked all 140 affected properties on to another circuit for the time being while they find the fault on ours. Most people just went to friends, relatives or the cosy pub on the next road for food, hot drinks and warmth, but obviously I was looking after Wispa. I wasn't cold, I have thermals and blankets and an amazing llama wool poncho. Kindle was fully charged so I was able to read.

Edited by owl

can we have a different  year,I dont like this one. hand isnt right, now the new laptop has broke. cant use the touch pad. every help says click on that and that. I cant click because the touchpad isnt working....so using the old one

seems my dil had a very trumatic birth due to the nurses, lost nearly 2 litres of blood then the placenta was stuck so into theatre

Have you had your hand checked? You may have broken a small bone.

sorry to hear your Dil had problems. I hope she is recovering.

Have you got your stove fixed, owl? Or power back on. 

Family set off home this morning at 10.20 am. Three flights and they get home at 10pm tonight. My son sold his flat here so they are laden with clothes that they had left in it. Plenty of household bits and pieces still being stored in a friend’s attic.