UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

january 23

Jazz

I am doing very well considering, thank you Jazz.

Didn't feel up to driving today as I didn't get as much sleep as I had hoped.  So i went for a brisk walk around the village using my Nordic poles, trying to rebuild the muscle I lost while laid up for so long. Enjoyed it very much and did better than I expected 

Taking 2 or 3 weeks to decompress then will be fostering oldies for a local rescue.  Smallish dogs only, not up to handling the big ones any more. 

In the current rescue crisis, it's all hands on deck.

Still blue skies and sunshine here but very cold. It is supposed to get warmer over the weekend.

My son sent a video of snowing outside his flat in Romania yesterday. For the last few days they have 21degrees and thought spring was coming- back into winter. The weather is weird this year.

Good you are able tog et out again. You have had a long haul.

I haven't been out , apart for shopping, much for weeks- it is too blooming cold.  Roll on spring.

I haven't decided what to do about a dog yet. 

Being practical I avoid big dogs but I am not a small dog person. 

I thought about fostering but have my grandson visiting and , due to behavioural problems, he does not always respect boundaries.

Cleo was excellent with him but bringing in a unknown dog  needs thinking about.  He assumes all dogs are like her.

Not getting warmer here until the end of next week. Freezing fog this morning, and by the time the sun got through to thaw the ice the day was well on. I went for a slightly shorter walk as otherwise I would have stiffened up after yesterday's exercise. Could have continued further today but the end of my nose was freezing.

Old machines are more substantial than the modern ones. My Bosch machine was about 15 years old when I lwft it at my last house. 

It had coped with hairy blankets for two dogs and muddy kitchen rugs as well as everyday washing and was still going strong. 

Many years ago a washing machine repair man told me I should repair my old machine rather buy a new one. 

Feeling warmer this morning but cloudy sky. Snow remnants gone.

• Like 1

Belle is here so elliot is happy. 

shhhh whispering so I dont jinx anything ....... Lewis is having a boy. shhhhh

My sofa is coming away ay the seams. put tape over it so elliot doesnt start pulling it apart.  If he climbed in the hole id never find him lol

• Like 1

Good morning. Only a light frost here this morning.

Foster dog arriving next week. No disrespect to the wonderful Wispa who shared my life for so many years, but with the current state of rescue I can't see any reason why not. I decided that I would only foster/adopt from a local rescue who could keep an eye on things and step in if anything happened to me. It so happens that a good friend runs a breed rescue not far away, and has a number of senior dogs coming in. Also I can't cope with another big dog, only one small enough to pick up. Anyway, this one just came in and she thinks he would be right for me. So foster with a view to adopting. 

Watch this space! I have managed to deter the mice from the house (mostly) but they are still in the sheds. I had better tell them to pack their little suitcases.

• Like 1