UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

march 22

Jazz

I read this morning that one organisation in the area are trying to round up stray dogs in Ukraine and transport to rescues in Romania.

They are  trying to  empty the Romania rescues to make room for them.

So many innocent lives disrupted and taken. 

No Jazz, this is my 3rd Renault Kangoo but I used to have a Citroen Berlingo about 10 years ago. 

Blackmagic, I hope they are safe in Romania and with the numbers of Russians now protesting, and with men of military age fleeing to Finland, it seems less likely that the invasion will be taken further. 

A member of our puli group was in hiding in Kyiv and we were worried because we didn't hear from her again, but she was actually on the move with her family and animals and has found somewhere to stay in western Ukraine. 6 adults, one child, 2 pulis and a cat all safe there for the moment.

Yes, heartbreaking about the rescue lady.

My son lives in the west of Romania , very near the Hungarian border.

He says if you go outside where he is you would not know there was anything happening. Everything is very normal.

They have the option to move to Portugal , ( the company are quite happy to support that) but at present are not at that stage. They intend to go to Portugal for a couple of months around June and will take it from there. Obviously, if things escalate  that plan may change.

An agility competitor is presently fleeing with 9 dogs in a van. So many innocent people and animals plunged into turmoil by a man who I have now words to describe.

She has arrived in western Ukraine but is in a small apartment with 6 other people. She says she cannot stay there long but at least is there for the meantime. She has lost her home,, her  job and her life for the second time and does not know where she goes now.  

Feels a strange point to jump back in but here I am.  Sorry to be AWOL for so long - had a lot of family stuff to deal with and we've moved house. Just to Paisley but it feels like we're back into civilisation again - I'm near proper shops lol. I've been reading all your posts and been thinking of you all.

Poor Kevin, hope he doesn't have to lose too many more. And reminds me I have to find  a new dentist. I've registered with a doctor, found a good hairdresser but not signed up with a dentist yet. Hopefully won't be moving again anytime soon - too many things to think about lol