UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

march 22

Jazz

Just reading posts for end of Feb. So sorry about Lewis and girlfriend.

Blackmagic, glad ypu are feeling better.

Wispa is improving but it's one day at a time really. I found some old rubber car mats to put on the 2 steps up to back garden, really works to stabilise her.

I am retiring my Kangoo 4x4 as CV joint on the way out, making a horrid rumble, and clutch will need replacing some time soon. Hoping someone will want it to restore, needs to go to someone who can do own repairs. Have agreed to buy an older Kangoo but with low mileage, from neighbour of my mechanic. It is converted for wheelchair transport with a fold out ramp. This will solve the problem of getting Wispa into van, as the 4x4 version is much higher and the dog ramp is rather narrow. She will be fine going up a wheelchair ramp. 

Got posted too soon!

That sounds a very good deal, Owl. It will make things easier for getting Wispa out and about. 

I have a ramp for Cleo. I had it for Murphy but he wouldn't use It, he tried to jump over it. He insisted on jumping in and out of the car but he couldn't jump high enough or support his weight when he landed. If we lifted him he was still jumping in our arms. So , I got a harness with a handle on the back and we lifted him up when he 'jumped' in and supported him down when he jumped out. You can't argue with a determined collie brain.

I have only used it a couple of times for Cleo as she puts her front paws on the bumper and I hoik her in. Bit the day is coming as she is getting less able to reach up to the boot.

Happy motoring, Owl.

Sunny day yesterday and today after frosty start. Got a lot of bedding washed and dried.

My son came and painted a second coat on one wall where the lining paper had soaked up the first coat. 

Having a Face time with my son and partner in Romania this afternoon. They are concerned on possible expansion into Romania and have their escape plan made. 

They are fortunate in having relatives in UK. friends in various countries and their  employer is based in Portugal with offices in UK.