UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April 21

Jazz

morning xx

my sons are coming round to move the units out of the conservatory, then I can put everything back in the units, till they all need moving back in a few weeks when the roof is replaced

be safe out there xx

Hello everybody, I know from having read your replies to my posts that you wish to know what is happening with Sue. I was speaking to a doctor yesterday (on Sue's phone) and he advise me that a sepsis alert had been given yesterday morning. She had a high heart rate, high temperature and low blood pressure. They had given her a drug to reduce the heart rate and AB's as well and this had stabilised her.

He then spoke to me about Sue's wish to stop all treatment other than pain relief. I told him that Sue had made her wishes clear to me in the past that if ever she got to the point where she couldn't take any more she would choose this option. I asked the Dr. if it was as I thought that it was close to zero that Sue would ever function again as she did prior to this latest episode, and that if she was likely to stay as she was until something terminal happened it was her choice to stop treatment now and that her children and I support her choice.

Mandy got involved with the hospital and Sue is now in a peaceful side room on her own and is likely to stay there unless they get an influx of cases that need to be isolated. She has also been given unlimited visiting rights. Her son, Mark, drove up from the south coast yesterday afternoon and saw her as he got here. He has seen her today and will again tomorrow to say his goodbyes before he goes home.

Sue had her last IV antibiotics last night, and I spoke to another Dr. today regarding what happens now.  In terms of palliative care they will keep her on morphine and if at any point she become distressed they will add some form of sedation. He said that if a bed was available  if she wished she could be moved to the local hospice which is less "clinical" and more peaceful that a hospital environment. That will be up to Sue to decide what she wants to do.

I am so sorry to have to tell you that Sue is now entering the final part of her life, the Dr. advised there is no way of telling how long this will last. From my heart I hope it is sooner rather than later, though it will break me.

I think this will be the last update until I have the duty to tell you she has passed from this world into the whatever lies beyond.  All I can say is, and this for anybody who read Terry Pratchett, there had better be a white horse called Binky!

Now we wait..

• Like 1

Thank you Philip. My thoughts are with you all. I wish her a swift and peaceful passing, and am sure that Binky has been groomed specially to look his best for her. Sue and I have talked in the past about possibilities and she was very clear that when she reached a condition where she could not function, she wanted a swift exit rather than a long drawn out struggle. 

Much love xx

I too hope it is sooner rather than later as it's what she'd want. Love to you all. She was a good friend to me in lots of ways and I'll miss her gallows humour. So glad Mandy and Mark got to spend precious time with her. Give her my love xx