UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 21

Jazz

We missed the deluge we were promised this week!

However, it is not looking good for Friday/Saturday. Hopefully Sunday will be okay as I have my vaccine appointment down near Waverley station. Thankfully  my son is taking me.

Some people have had to cancel as there are no  buses early on a Sunday.

In view of the forecast I  went shopping today.

• Like 1

seems ive had shingles for over a year, thats what caused the 3 ulcers on 1 eye and 1 on the other. and dry skin round ears, eyes and mouth. got to be on pills to keep it away for at least a year, and drops. And ive got chickenpox

got to see if i can still have my arthritis injections

Edited by Jazz

Shingles in the chickenpox virus which lies dormant after you have had chickenpox but  breaks out when your immune system is low.

It is contagious until the last blister has crusted over. 

You cannot get shingles from an infected person but you can contract chickenpox from one if you have not had chickenpox.

the shingles blisters tend to follow nerve lines and are very painful because of that. The pain from shingles can past for months after the blisters clear as the nerves are affected.

it is not a nice thing to have.

That is why over 70 year olds  get a shingles vaccination now.

Take care , jazz.

No snow here so far but it is bitterly cold and wet.  Heavy snow has caused road closures up north. The A9 was closed overnight after an avalanche of snow blocked the road at Dalwhinnie.

one good thing, we went to the pound shop. they had some of the cheap dog food in, the chubb rolls. so bought the lot. 22 rolls, so feed 8 dogs for 50p a day. all my dogs over the years have liked it. they get complete with it. someone was giving away a bag of dr johns oo thats nice crunchy fresh smelling food. that will last 2 weeks

• Like 1

Dr Johns is good stuff.

My neighbour 2 doors down who does my Asda shopping along withe hers is so lovely and caring. She called me today when I was on the reserve, as I had left my keypad phone unlocked and accidentally sent her a couple of gibberish messages when I got things out of my pocket. She was worried about me in case I had got concussion or something. I did it a while ago and accidentally sent my friend Trevor a text which read fffss and he thought he had upset me and I was swearing at him lol.

So have I, have to drive 9 miles to edge of Worksop. Worried about getting reaction on the way home so my friend is staying in touch via phone, will tell him when leaving the clinic and when I arrive home. I am such a wimp compared to the rest of you.