UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 21

Jazz

That was lovely of your doctor Owl, pleased your safely home with no reaction to the jag. And no you're not a wimp - only natural to be wary of something so new and relatively unknown getting injected into you. I'm sure most of us are, however much we all want this situation to be over. And look what happened to Jazz!! If it was going to happen to anyone of us it would be you Jazz. Hope you're feeling better now and your body has no more reactions to the vaccine.

normally have 5mcg of steroids, been injected with 200 today, yes,, bodies not happy lol ambulance driver said they had just picked up someone from my surgery with a reaction, they are getting loads round the town

and, my surgery alone, was vaccinating,, are you ready..... 1600 people today! you read that right

when I can see straight, ill tell you what else could only happen to me ..

Can't wait to hear it Jazz lol

Forgot to ask you Suzeanna how your jag went. Hopefully no reaction or other problems.

And good luck for you tomorrow Blackmagic.

I'm going to be the only unvaccinated person in here lol. But as I said before, I'm fine with that. I'm not in an at-risk group or age category and live in one of the most Covid free areas in the UK - just 2 cases and 0 deaths in a year in our town

Eve, I had a sore arm for a couple of days, also felt very achy all over, as if I had a mild dose of the flu.  That's about it, thankfully.   Philip will have to wait a while for his jab, as he's only 64 and although he has asthma he isn't considered vulnerable.

Wish the weather would make up its mind, raining earlier then sleet now snow.  Hopefully the amount of rain we had will mean the snow won't settle. I need to get to Pets at Home tomorrow for hamster food, sawdust etc.

so, before my jab, I was in the queue (get a brew and be comfy) thought I need a wee. moved along the queue, went to go in the toilet, no you have to keep moving, so ill go after, no, have to sit for 15 minutes after the jab within seconds throat closed up, so in a room, then in the ambulance. driver went the wrong way on the blue lights, so 20 minutes instead of 5. then she parked so the trolley couldnt get past! all the bumping, reallyyyy needed a wee! waited in the queue to go in the hospital, then they wanted me to get on another trolley, I said if I move, ill wet myself, so the ambulance lady went looking for a bed pan she came back with a cardboard one I had to squat between the 2 trolleys, with this between my legs, curtain was open and closed many times, I didnt care. then I couldnt stop weeing. filled the bedpan, but she had to tilt it so get it out ....

wet floor and me. she put it on the bin. when she went, nurse came in, didnt see the bloody great bedpan full of wee, went to lift the lid, bit more on the floor, so she put it on the floor.... got moved to another ward, watch the bedpan I said, what bedpan? the one that got kicked and spilt...

Oh Jazz, you dont' do things by halves do you? How are you feeling now?

Reaction started last night, feels like a dose of flu. Can't stay on feet for long so having a quiet day. Friends are keeping tabs on me, including one with keys to house if necessary.

Hope you soon feel better Owl, took me a couple of days.

Jazz, I can sympathise about the bedpan saga, I had to use one lying down...disaster! very wet bed, lucky they all have the plastic covering! Hope you are better today too.

Got to Pets at Home no problem, just bibbly bits of snow here but looking up the hills there is plenty of snow up there, not far away at all.

My son phoned this morning whilst he was walking the dogs, he was telling me that he took his twins to the park yesterday and they both found a worm, so they were taking their worms on the slides, seesaws and swings and wanted to take them home to keep them as pets! He said no, they have to stay here with their family.  I was just imaging two rather dizzy worms gratefully crawling back underground!

Thanks, Suzeanna. Headache is easing off. I have just written off today and probably tomorrow. 

That is sweet, about the twins. Your son could keep them happy for months by setting up a worm unit, either for composting or observation. 

My son had a pet black slug called KIng. He kept it in the garden , in a little square made of bricks.

Had my vaccination this morning. We didn't know how long it would take us to get through Edinburgh to the centre and find parking as none at teh centre itself. So we left early. My appointment was 10.40 am and we arrived at the door  at 10.20am Nobody else going in and the security on the door said just go in.

Wended my way through the building, down the stairs, down an escalator, along a corridor and then through in and out the dusty bluebells to reach where the vaccination was taking place.

Was immediately directed to a desk to hand in my letter and check information. Straight down a line of  empty cubicles to be beckoned by a nurse into her cubicle. S

pressed wrong key!

Was immediately directed to a desk to hand in my letter and check information. Straight down a line of  empty cubicles to be beckoned by a nurse into her cubicle. Some more information and then jab.

Made my way out the reverse of going in and came out the front door at 10.35am. Still no one  about.

It took  longer to get through the building and out again  than it did to actually get the vaccine.

We have had flurries of snow today and a bitterly cold wind.

My car is telling me the boot is open by bleeping all the time and showing a picture of the boot lid open , but the boot lid is closed.  I will need to phone the garage.