UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Adventures

owl

Archie has settled. He laid down and fell asleep just as I made my last post.

We are trying to clear the attic Jazz in preparation for selling the house. We have chucked a lot of stuff out but there is a lot we want to keep. Not least is all my genealogical research, which takes a few archive boxes up.  There are boxes of old family photos too, family heirlooms,  collectibles which are too valuable to throw out or give away, that sort of thing.  

It's hard isn't it Yantan....these storage places are really expensive

Wellllll, it could be my mums heart that's the problem so a good thing that she cut her leg! She had to go for a special blood test and they have put her on water tablets, she's to go back in 2 weeks and she's off work for 2 weeks

I hope this sorts your mum out Griff and they get to the bottom of it. Tell her to rest up.

There's no chance of getting a garage around here. They are so few and far between that if any do come up to rent they are at a premium price and get snapped up quick sticks anyway.

At least the storage facility we are going use has the units inside a building which is climate controlled.  It's also between here and Cockermouth were we hope to move and Ruby passes it daily on her way to and from work so it's easy to access.

Archie still hasn't woken up. He's knackered from all that pacing he did this morning, poor little man.  

Aw Archie, hope you're feeling more settled now.

Make sure you factor in storage space when you start looking at houses Yantan. Something we didn't really do when we moved here. And as it was a bungalow with an attic conversion we don't even have the option to use that lol.

All good thoughts for your mum Griff.

Glad the cooler weather is suiting you Owl. Cooler here too with rain forecast for tomorrow. Will save me watering then. Been keeping the back garden watered where all the new plants are but the front garden could do with a good soak.

Have a peaceful evening xx