UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Any Antics

Jazz

a man I worked with had to go with his wife to learn how to do that. the nurse said 'see it winking at you' they were so embarrassed as they were in their 50s

what a thing to say. must be the department that warps them

I think there probably is a gallows humour that arises out of certain work like this but you have to read the room and come out with it only when you are 100% sure the patient won't be embarrassed and/or annoyed by it. If you are seeing someone for the first time then a professional front should be maintained at all times.

I've made the builders a cuppa! Next door has not once offered them one all week! They are such nice lads, so respectful. She should be glad she's got a good crew doing her wall.

Yantan, that was really nice of you...why am i not surprised that she hasn't made them tea?

Mums friend went for a scan today and they have kept her in, she had to go in by ambulance the other night and i went nuts as she didn't call us, spoke to her last night and mum offered to go with her but she said she would be o.k, she is currently on a drip and is going to let us know if she is staying in...if she is we will get up to the hospital this evening, i feel really ba for not just going with her but it was 8.15 am and there is no way i could get the dogs and me up, medicated and fed in enough time

I hope shes ok xxx

ive got another stomach bug. ive cancelled the dentist but if im ill tomorrow, ill get the doctor to ring me rather than seeing her

ive just ordered a load of stuff from the online pound shop. cant remember what I ordered an hour ago but it looked good lol

Griff I don't think anyone who knows you would hold it against you when you can't respond too things in the speed of light, nor would they expect you too so don't feel guilty :GroupHug:

Jazz it will be like Christmas morning all over again when you get your parcel :smile_anim: The number of times I go to the door to take a parcel in and have no memory of ordering anything or what the box contains. I get nearly as excited as Archie does when he sees a new delivery (coz there's usually something in it for him)

Is it today that Sam and Mark travel to Malawi?

I was more narked it took so long as i got a numb bum from sitting Lol. I was told i didn't have to go as it is a long way for me to go but i like my mums mate so i am going again tonight.

I just got a parcel delivered..i wasn't expecting it and the neighbour i don't speak to took it in...rubble sacks...how exciting Lol

Today the dogs new balls are being delivered by fetch at 1300-1400 and my exercise bike will allegedly be here between 1600-1700, better be as i am off to the hozzy tonight Lol

Jazz, i don't think Snow is in hospital yet, i think she is getting a second opinion first

Hope Sam and Mark have a safe trip

No I'm not in hospital and wont be for a while :mad1:

I got my 2nd opinion - all good in so far as he rates my Consultant quite highly and agreed with her course of treatment etc. he also told me a load of stuff that I damned well KNEW was the case and which she'd kinda played down a bit - like how much pain I must be in (which I am and its fecking awful at times even though I have a very high pain threshold) he also showed me how big Sid is and he's growing every fecking day when she told me it wasn't! Anyway ladies Sid is the size of a soccer ball :ohmy: and he is full of thick yucky stuff so he is most certainly squishing my organs and causing blockages etc. and he is almost certainly contributing to my mobility and standing issues he thinks I have been a bit lucky so far in that a) it hasn't yet ruptured or torted and b) he's lifted up a bit higher which has longer term implications for causing me issues with my lungs being restricted if he gets too much bigger but in lifting up a bit he's taken a little bit of pressure off my bowel etc. I asked about space given that we ladies have babies so we do kinda have a bit of room inside but as he said we have it in the middle and everything important is off to one side or another so theres very little room there and thats where Sid resides and is tethered by the tube so can't shift into a more open space. He also says Sid will weigh a "fair amount" and that some cysts this size have contained several litres of fluid which can equate to a couple of stone!! :lmaosmiley: Jeeeeeeezzzz no fecking wonder I am walking stooped over like a little old granny!! So hopefully when its gone I should eventually see some improvement in my back pain and mobility all being well and assuming that it hasn't worsened wear to my discs and spine.

The big worry now is the very real and increasing risk of torsion and/or rupture either of which would constitute a medical emergency so Sid must come out asap as I am still considered high risk for surgery (hence a partial rather than full hysterectomy) and they do not want me to end up in A&E by ambulance needing emergency surgery with all the associated additional risks. So he said I will now be considered #1 priority and to stay with my current surgeon as that would ensure no further delays soooo anyway I rang her and have my new date ..... 4th May! She only operates fortnightly and shes on annual leave the next time her fortnight occurs so I'm #1 first of the day on an additional date slotted in when shes back. :confused02: obviously I'm not happy but theres nothing I can do to speed it up as its within the NICE guidelines which say I must be offered a date within 28 days of the cancelled date and 4th May is exactly day 28. My work is not happy as they aren't too keen to have me back because they are worried that something might happen but my gp wasn't in the slightest bit sympathetic she gave me this week off as "stress" but expects me to go back next week and to be fair I am just going to have to get on with it I can't flipping put my life on hold just in case something miiiight go wrong and it hasn't yet so ho hum though work is encouraging me to do as much from home as I can so I'll take them up on that and I will be careful but I'm not going to sit indoors and vegetate for the next 3 weeks. I've got my scooter so should be OK to get around sensibly. Lots more info about what I have to look forward to afterwards and removing Sid is only the first stage the disappointing thing is it may take up to a year for various things to settle down and different treatments to be tried out etc. so this might not be the end of it *sigh*

He was though utterly furious about the way I was treated with the gowns etc and he himself fired off an email whilst I was there to complain about it and made me promise to put in a formal complaint and see it through so thats next on my "to do list".

Snow, i wonder why on earth the first person wasn't honest with you? at least you seem a bit happier now you have the second opinion, it must be scary knowing you have the cyst and it is growing, hopefully you will not end up in A&E and i can't believe your GP, insensitive b*tch, is there anyone else at the practice you could see? i don't blame you for not wanting to sit at home...that's how i am and i drives me nuts Lol. If you are going out, just try to make sure somebody is with you who knows what is going on so they can pass on the relevant info (hopefully it wouldn't come to that)..hoping the next 3 weeks fly by and you soon get your op out of the way

I just think I'm going to be stuck at home after Sid comes out I dont really wanna be stuck now and besides I was going out and about and working all along until they found Sid and have been ever since too when the pain etc has allowed so I'm just going to carry on as normal and just be a bit careful not to bend or stretch Robs even banned me from poo picking now LOL

Oh the other "good" news was I should only be in hospital over night unless something goes drastically wrong apparently even if you have a total hysterectomy with open surgery they try and get you out the next day as hospitals are unhealthy places! He also said I might only be off work a couple of weeks ... not sure thats good news LOL

Bloody hell Snow! I most certainly hope that nothing goes wrong between now and your second surgery date. My friend who had the same thing and whose Sid was also the size of a football felt very poorly and sore for a few days after the surgery but was back in harness at work within a couple of weeks and really never looked back after that.

Lol Snow, what a way to get out of Poo picking Lol. i wonder would it be worth you looking at manuka honey to take before your op? i made my mum take it before her knee was done and if the dogs are having planned surgery they have to have it too. That did make me laugh about hospitals being unhealthy places....people do tend to come out with more than they went in with Lol

waiting for fetch to come with the dogs new balls...should be here by 1pm..the ocado van has just gone by so i bet that is for me!!!