UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Welsh Wizardry

merledogs

was waiting at my loacl GP surgery to see the nurse this morning. Among the people waiting was an elderly man standing among the seats.

When the receptionist finished dealing with someone he moved forward to the desk and said to her 'I can't remember why I am here'.

He was holding a piece of paper with writing on it and kept looking at it and saying ' this is terrible. I can't remeber why I am here.

The receptionist suggested that maybe he had made a note on the piece of paper to remind but he ignored that.

He then asked the receptionist if he had an appointment. She confirmed from the computer that he did and told the time of it, explaining that the doc was running a bit late.

Then he said 'I can't remember why I made the appointment and asked if it was noted on the computer. The receptionist checked but no there was nothing on the computer.

She knew he had not made the appointment with her so went to ask the other receptionist if she had spoken to him. (I would say this a is a local surgery in a rural area where everybody is known and referred to by christian name.)

However, it turned out he had spoken to someone who was not in work today.

As he kept muttering how he couldn't remember why he had an appointment the receptionist helpfully suggested it was about his memory but he said no, it wasn't that.

She said he was usually on the ball and he agreed.

He was beginning to get upset that he could not remember why he was there so she asked if he wanted to cancel the appointment. No, he didnlt want to do that.

Then suddenly he said loudly 'I remember , it was because of sludge in the urine'. He was so happy he had remembered. 'My mind is quite clear now' he said.

He then told her he was 80 this year.

Bless him he was so lost when he couldn't remember- probably due to the 'sludge in his urine'.