UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Oration

merledogs

Good to hear your boss is backing you Alex. Hope the dogs start eating their dinners soon, my pair are stuck with duck and sweet potato and that took me a month to find, if they don't eat it tough..... there is nothing else i can give!

Sophie, when my dad put our freesat dish up i got him to put it by my bedroom window so if i need to adjust it i just open my window and lean out slightly Lol, do you think you could do the same with your dish... if you are having somebody out anyway? saves the call out fee next time.

Yantan, is it this stuff???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powdered-Liver-dog-food-supplement-100-Natural-UK-Made-Farm-Assured-/290998541486?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

just back from the tattooist! the girl in front of me was such a baby, she had writing across her ribs.... same place as me, she had less writing, had numbing cream and her mum holding her hand and was still carrying on like a child! came to my go and martin asked where i wanted it so i said i was going to have it across my ribs but after seeing her and the fact i have not had numbing cream i think i will go lower, he convinced me it would be o.k and the girl was being a wimp and lo and behold he was right! i was told getting your ribs done kills as it is straight onto bone but nope..... having a tiny chinese symbol on my lower back hurt more, also got one done on the front of my lower shin too (well i may as well give myself a decent birthday gift!)

I just read yet another article about people being treated badly in hospital, and one sentence summed up what is wrong with a lot (not all) of nurses today. A man called a nurse to his wife who had just had an op and was being violently sick, and she said"I'm a graduate, I don't do sick", and walked away. The biggest mistake ever made was to change the rules so that nurses have to go to uni, it gives them an inflated sense of their own importance.

I haven't read back so please takes hugs, congratulations or whatever as is suitable! My daughter in law has her test to see if the babies have Down's tomorrow..I do hope they are both ok. :unsure:

Loobie, i hope you have managed to either recover your application or fill it in quickly

Suzeanna, i don't get why nurses have to go to uni at all, care and compassion can't be taught in a lecture hall and i guess there are many people missing out who would be fab candidates for nurses but for one reason or another can't go to uni

Griff that's not the make of liver powder I used to use but its the right sort of stuff. Thanks for looking!

Hope things go ok with your d-i-l today Suzeanna.

Archie is going for a ride in my new car and I am going to attempt to walk myself today and tomorrow. Our DW has taken little Evie down to see her family - little un was 1 on Monday - and rather than bother our stand in DW on what I know is a busy week for her I'm going to try and get back in harness. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Had a bit of an odd and slightly worrying night - just before 11 I let Nog out for his wee and I stood out in the garden having a fag waiting for him, I heard what I first thought was an Owl screeching but it didnt sound "quite right" there were a few more squeaks, whistles and screeches but again "not quite right" something about it made me think it was human rather than owl - and I got a bit creeped out to be honest, so much so when Nog came back in I closed and locked the door - which I never bother doing when I'm in here on the pc until I go to bed.

About an hour later Rob called me from the conservatory - but in a whispering voice telling me to be quiet and come quick - he was out there working with the blinds down and had noticed an odd flickery shadow pattern on the blinds like flames and could hear male voices behind the hedge and amongst the trees. We both went into the garden and could hear several young male voices obscured by heavy thrashing noises and the snapping of branches I then clearly heard one say something about "lighting the fire" then something about needing something to "get it going properly" we couldnt work out if they were actually in our neighbours garden or the school playing field - bear in mind the neighbours garden has not been touched for probably 5 years theres a caravan overgrown in there somewhere, and when the previous owner cut down those giant conifers he merely left the branches etc where they fell so how anyone could negotiate around in there in the dark without falling over is beyond me ... anyway we stood and tried to figure out wtf was going on next thing theres sparks and flames and crackling and wood smoke along with whooping and lots of calls to "get more dry wood" - hubby went nextdoor and knocked the door to see if perhaps it was them but got no answer meantime the lads got louder and there were loads more crashing around in the trees and snapping of branches. The flames appeared to be awfully close to the rear neighbours conifers - sparks were shooting up over our hedge so Rob yelled "oy lads whats going on its midnight?!!" one voice replied - we're lighting a fire ... would you like us to put it out then? ...... WTF?!!!! so we yell back umm yes its midnight! and all goes quiet .... we have absolutely no idea who they were but am assuming now it was the neighbour and some mates but what the heck they thought they were doing is beyond me.

Didnt sleep very well after that - tossed and turned most of the night - I have no idea if it had been them making the bird noises earlier I suspect it probably was - I'm hoping that they arent going to make a habit of this kind of behaviour.

how very Bizarre Snow..... nowt as strange as folk! it really boggles the mind what people find acceptable and normal behaviour..... that sounds like the sort of thing my uncle would do but he is a raging alchy and not normal in the head. i hope you have a quieter night tonight and they don't come back

Suzeanna, good luck to your DIL

Yantan, hope Archie enjoys his new wheels and don't go too mad walking him!

Morning Merledogs!

opened my B-day pressies, got some new ted baker perfume and £40 and loads of sweets..... what part of no junk food does my mum not understand Lol. dogs have had a great time ripping up envelopes and wrapping paper

• Like 1

How very odd Snow..did they sound sober? If it happens again, I'd get the cops, it could be dangerous if fire spread.

A certain other forum does make me cross (no prizes for guessing which!). Someone was posting that their friend was very upset as a gungho PCOS had decided that her very friendly staffie was a pitbull, and what should she do? I tried to put in contact Deed not Breed, but got one of those website blocked thingies...surely the safety of dogs is more important than whatever some admin does or doesn't like online, possibly because of personal feelings than anything else. I've pm'd her, but whether they block that or not I don't know. I can understand them blocking sites which promote shock collars etc, but so far as I'm aware DNB doesn't.

Happy Birthday Griff! Maybe your mum is hoping you'll give the sweets back to her!

Edited by suzeanna

Totally agree with you Suzeanna, it is a bit mad what you can and can't type in, to be honest i haven't been on there for quite a while now.... had a little look at dogs wanting homes but that is it.

Just in case anyone else has a dog with firework fear it is Diwali on sunday (3 november), not looking forward to it!

Oh I gave up on that forum years ago. The owner is raj as far as I am concerned.

DNB and Doglost are two outfits that no one dare mention there and yet they both do such brilliant jobs and should be encouraged and helped by us all but no mad heed cannot be rational about either.

Snow that is very odd behaviour especially so late at night which makes it even more suspicious. How is Nog doing?

I managed a shortish walk - and old favourite and somewhere Archie hasn't been in ages so he enjoyed it. He met a little Westie called Andy on the way round the wood. He was a nice little fella but I could have done without him jumping up at me and leaving muddy pawprints all over my black trousers. His owner, an elderly gentleman, saw him do it but didn't offer any sort of apology or even try to stop Andy doing it :rolleyes:

I am a bit stiff and sore now after the walk but must settle down to some work this afternoon so I don't leave myself with too much to do tomorrow. The van comes to pick up my completed work early on Friday morning and to drop me off another batch for next week so I need to have it all done by tomorrow evening.

Griff is today your birthday? If it is I hope you are having a great day and here's a little something for you:

cake-bday.jpg

Alex Merledogs. When I buy liver for the dogs I boil it and make gravy with the juices. My dogs would all stand on their heads for it. I only give them a very small amount in their kibble as I have been told liver is too high in, I think it is vitamin A, to be good in larger quantities. I chop it up and freeze it in smaller quantities, complete with gravy. Lucky dogs, I never cook liver for my OH. :devil: I have to plop it straight in a pan as I can't stand handling it and have to have the extractor fan on while it is cooking as I can't stand the smell either.

• Like 1

oh that really isn't on... if my dogs jump at someone they get told down and i apologize to the person (neither of mine jump up luckily) and i would be mortified if they left somebody dirty, sorry doesn't cost anything does it?

thank you.... mmmmmmmmmmm cake!!!!! today is my birthday and i am doing nothing Lol! i had plans of getting absolutely mortal tonight but my Dr has put an end to that (don't blame her really) so will just have a couple of drinks and back home, i will hopefully be going for a meal with my friends next week though which will be nice.

i need some advice.......how do you know if a fella is interested in you?